The energy system is a limitation, not an extention. And it needs a rework.

Revenant has a lot to do with waiting a few seconds to unleash powerful combos.

In PvE this has hardly any impact because NPCs don't really do anything to put you in situations where you'd come to conclude that waiting 2 seconds could have helped you do better than right away.

In PvP/WvW you can get stuck in terrible predicaments/realize how uneffective the strategy was because enemy players are able to make it out alive or be completely unharmed which forces yourself to think harder and see deeper in the profession mechanics.

Revenant is often not seen in the right perspective and it definitely doesn't help that Herald which is the most popular elite has the better pick over anything else. It hardly embraces the core functionalities of the profession by introducing it's passives via energy which is hardly used and leaves players to think differently of what you can truly achieve when you'd normally play Revenant. Players at best use the Elements for Swiftness and the rest is just a key mash at any given time. It's not so much of playing Revenant anymore but more like a half Thief.

Other elites kinda follow the same path as Herald but to a lesser degree, at least Vindicator is the most Revenant it gets when comparing it to Core, Renegade is very alike to Herald but has cost to skills rather than none.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I like the Idea of energy being used to empower your abilities; Maybe with higher energy we could have those skills change in functionality and potency? This could be a change applied to all of revenant. 

As for weapon skills? Just remove the energy cost and leave the cooldowns or vice versa.. this double dipping is nuts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Esufer.8762 said:

I like the energy system as it is right now implemented for Heals, Elites, and Utilities (and stuff like energy meld, I guess). I don't like it on weaponskills with them already having cooldowns that are comparable to other weapons CDs.

They would have to make utility skills more energy demanding if weapons don't have cost. Because otherwise you'll always have too much energy to play with. Herald kinda shows it but the otherway around.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

They would have to make utility skills more energy demanding if weapons don't have cost. Because otherwise you'll always have too much energy to play with. Herald kinda shows it but the otherway around.

Yeah, I can kind of see that. I already hate the moment where you have to wait for enough energy for a Phase Traversal to chase, so no thank you to that!

The only times I genuinely dislike the energy system are times when I've generally shot myself in the foot due to a mistake and thrown a fight away (usually leaving like IO running or in the worst possible scenario, Urn of Saint Viktor or something idk), but that's definitely on me and not the system.

• Like 1

I think  we should get something like thief, weapon skills working only on cds and no energy drain, while legends working on energy alone, that way they wont get in the way of each other and we would get a smoother and easyer way to play, having herald, rene and vindi with their unique mecanics of their own, plus 2 legends that are essentialy 2 more weapons to swap between(we need the sigil bug back guys and you know it), we have enought uniquenes to afford copying thief in that, if you want more changes create a f2 that, while active makes your weapon skills drain energy for upgraded effects, more dmg, maybe a cc somewere, bigger area, etc, maybe just one skill per weapon, with numbers good enought, it would be like playing a new class almost, then change skills like jade winds, my take would be a jade tornado, like scavengers burst or hammer 5, you select the place and a tornado appears, hits 5 times 5 enemies and if it hits all tics you petrify, or maybe the first tic pulls enemies inside, its a skill that needs you to place properly, has a cc but just one, can be evaded and i dont think would be overpowered for a 50 energy drain at all, a couple changes on skills like that would be a great help.

And lastly traits, with each legend skill draining from 20 to 50 energy, and upkeeps existing, well maybe decreasing energy recharge to 4 instead of 5 per second, and making base energy 75, it could be pretty good, but even if it stayed at 50 base, with the other changes it would be enought to fell completely new, much less punishing and irritating, and more rewarding in the end.

if you agree tell me, if not.... tell me anyway.

• Confused 1