[Suggestion] Players should be notified when the support takes action after a report

5 hours ago, Skorpis.4372 said:

This needs to be inplanted. Now reports feels like it does nothing.

because it does nothing xD

i am reporting the same bot that is running around in wvw since 2014..... guess who i met yesterday....

the only thing that will get you banned is racial slurs/reallife trade or something similar offensive in the chat. everything else is fair and square i guess and will not get you banned.

Edit: how can you be confused!? what is going on...? Can someone explain why i am farming confused?

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

because it does nothing xD

i am reporting the same bot that is running around in wvw since 2014..... guess who i met yesterday....

the only thing that will get you banned is racial slurs/reallife trade or something similar offensive in the chat. everything else is fair and square i guess and will not get you banned.

Edit: how can you be confused!? what is going on...? Can someone explain why i am farming confused?

Ppl give you confused emoji if they disagree or think what you said was silly. 

The person you claim is a bot from 2014 might not be a bot. Many ppl claim they know someone is a bot based on movement or other weird behavior. But there simply is no way for you to truly know. Some ppl get stuck in patterns they repeat every day. Go the same route every time. I am one of those ppl. If I am in my own mind lost in the game, I tend to just repeat what I usually do on autopilot. Not even paying attention. It’s a human thing. Say when you’re driving a car. A road you’re very used to be driving every day. You get lost in your thoughts and suddenly you’re like omg I’m here already. Since you’ve been driving on autopilot in your brain, you didn’t realize the road you were driving and didn’t pay attention. (Which is a bad thing since you’re driving 👀 but it happens.) 

giving players notification that their report was handled would not change anything other then ppl coming to forums complaining their report wasn’t handled right. and claim anet didn’t check it properly. 

• Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

You've probably said something that offended someone's sensibilities, and rather than post explaining why, they'd rather show their chagrin with the confused reaction.

And then there are the people who find it hilarious to spam any post that mentions the confused reaction with even more confused reactions.

It's all really rather confusing why ANet feel that the reaction system contributes ANYTHING of value to the forums.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, robertthebard.8150 said:

So, what happens if this is implemented, and you get a notification from ANet that they have spoken to this player, and they're not botting, and if you continue to report them, you will be banned for harassment?  Even worse, what if they just ban you with a notification that they're not botting, and your behavior is harassment?  How are you going to feel when that player comes to the forums bragging about getting a serial harasser banned?

No need to talk about that, because that is 100% a bot. There is a few things you can do to identify a bot, for example jumping on a no-port spot and watching him get bugged for hours... been there, done that. It is a bot. and a bad one at that...

we have been messing with this bot so much, its not even funny. We followed him with 4 supports and let him fight other roamers while supporting him. This bot even won a 1v3(well with us 4 supporting him 😄 ) hes such a good boy! ❤️ But just to point it out again... anyone that is overburdened FOR MONTHS and snap turning 90 degrees in combat... is probably a bot.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

No need to talk about that, because that is 100% a bot. There is a few things you can do to identify a bot, for example jumping on a no-port spot and watching him get bugged for hours... been there, done that. It is a bot. and a bad one at that...

we have been messing with this bot so much, its not even funny. We followed him with 4 supports and let him fight other roamers while supporting him. This bot even won a 1v3(well with us 4 supporting him)! hes such a good boy! ❤️

You may be right, but that doesn't answer my question.  What's going to happen when you're not, and the guy that's been reported how ever many times straight out asks the GM during their confirmation of not botting conversation what action they intend to take towards whoever is falsely reporting them?  If dev action in game is to be reported to the reporting person, and that person reports you as harassing them, are you going to be ok with them coming to the forums bragging about getting a serial harasser banned?  How much of your business do you want "on the street"?  Or, is this going to be a matter of "they have to tell me what they did, but not tell the other guy if I'm wrong"?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If you want the person banned so they stop 'spamming your inbox', block them; serves the same purpose.

If you want the person banned for some kind of revenge, well, you are likely out of luck. 

You dont actually have the option to block a person who sends you mails, you can only report the mail and you have to manually add them to your block list and I think that's a problem too

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, andreiblue.8231 said:

You dont actually have the option to block a person who sends you mails, you can only report the mail and you have to manually add them to your block list and I think that's a problem too

So, let me be sure I'm understanding you:  You're bothered enough by harassment to come to the forums and start a thread claiming that you should be notified when action is taken against someone you report, but not bothered enough to manually add them to your block list?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2