Balance patch and forums

Jianyu.7065

2 hours ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

Does every class specific forum have a post with their version of - "the recent balance patch ruined [insert class build]"

🤷‍♂️🤔🙍‍♂️

Yes. Even Guardians had such posts occasionally.

Of course the issue is that sometimes those threads are actually true.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

Does every class specific forum have a post with their version of - "the recent balance patch ruined [insert class build]"

🤷‍♂️🤔🙍‍♂️

Well we had that a long time coming the last 3 years weren't pretty. Their main focus were literally  mostly  squeezing .

Squeezed fractals, dungeon and raids into one = strike missions.

Squeezing PvP  stats and options into ... some mud.

Squeezing boons in general multiply times.

Squeezing game wide the traits for fall-dmg and rezzing to "free" up space to be only used I think in 1 class.

Squeezing the meta hard in general by making condi build OP by changing the expose buff.

Squeezing mostly out the unique boons from supporters.( instead giving them different functionality e.g duration vs strength + different base heal)  and the same for hybrids like warrior.

Squeezing siege war and the functionality until siege war was without strategic meaning in WvW

There are certainly much more you *whatever* can fill in more if you guys and girls like.

I get that they wanted to make the game more attractive by making it easier for players to get in but the main reason people didn't stay here was either they didn't like the game model or the obviously lack of content over long time(raids, fractals)

Each time they did something like this people did complain while on certain topics where nerfs were fallen multiply times like Druids spirits , unique boons from trait or boons in general some people showed up with their voice this is still too less. In the end it turned out they were always the minority (there were some poll I read 83% last  for strong boons and classes )

I must also so there were certainly things which were right over the time but this got exploded they hammering against the community. Many things could have been solved differently

e.g

a:)The debacle with the boon pre and overstack in the fractals by changing how /gg and mist singularity works.

b:)The fact that we only used condi builds in 100 cm for me this wasn't a problem because only people who signed up for it needed  an optional second build and  not even this you already could continue run with the condi build if they liked it.

c:) PvP while there again lot of salt and nonsense get written in this section . You need to understand  that HoT specs were at some point much faster then today because Quickness(100%) and Alacrity(66%) were at some point much more effective

Meaning they were much faster to play then now , PoF brought that back by shortening cast time and munition system. This is the main reason PoF specs were dominate in PvP (additional to new systems and crit traits )

This is also the reason why the EoD  specs weren't as good received because they are slower. Yeah people liked their hyper fast gameplay.

d:) In Wvw I would gave them stealth generators and also anti-stealth generator (with lingering field 3s) . Freeing up the scrapper while also having finally effective counter play and also allow you to stealth your shield and siege weapons.(the shots you can still see and the generator itself can not be invisible)

e:) The problem of thief was not necessary perma invisibility but that there is hardly any counter play to invisibility in this game and the class has no real trade off between dmg and invisibility.

Edited by Lord of the Fire.6870
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1