The August 2 Update and Chronomancer

GWstinkt.6094

On 8/3/2022 at 4:05 AM, GWstinkt.6094 said:

This post is literally about a balance patch trying to fix older specs. It's just that the fixes for chronomancer are missing the mark.

Being a doomer about the game and the devs will do nothing to improve it or your experience of it.

I mean we can keep voicing our concerns hoping that the higher up management can make their team be accountable. 

Its not "doom and gloom" simply calling out something that is continuously failing. Its not malicious or rude.

Players enjoyment of the game relies on this department to do their job well. They are not performing up to a decent baseline let alone a high standard. It is fully within the right of the consumers to call this out for as long as it takes til it gets changed. Squeaky wheel gets greased.

Balance Team is like the Quarterback of Game Development. It is disproportionately important to other areas. Thus as great of a job other departments are doing, this one area falling short has a much larger impact. Thus why we keep bringing it up and will continue to do so til its fixed. 

Doesn't need to be dramatic/threats etc.

Just they're not doing a good job, management step in and make the team do a better job or make changes. Its clear doing more of the same is not working. 

Not complicated. 

Edited by Voyant.1327
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Give back its access to both quickness and alacrity. The 28th June changes had good intentions sure but they completely missed the mark. I still dont understand how a <=10k build (inspiration support chrono) would be bad for the game. You would still need a healer to cover other boons and overall dps would be lower than any other conbination that is played today.

And put some crit chance on core traitlines.

Edited by anbujackson.9564
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Voyant.1327 said:

I mean we can keep voicing our concerns hoping that the higher up management can make their team be accountable. 

Its not "doom and gloom" simply calling out something that is continuously failing. Its not malicious or rude.

Except is it when people are being malicious or rude.

I'm all for constructive criticism and well meaning complaints. Making sure the devs know when we are not happy and why is important. That's literally what this post is.

However, a decent chunk of posts on this forum are pessimism at best, actual harassment and insults at worst. Pretending like the game is unplayable or acting like the devs are clueless, lazy and will never fix any issues will not get positive results. It might put pressure on management at best, but it will not drive the actual people making and maintaining this to listen to and care for the players.

If I was a GW2 dev, I probably would not come looking for feedback in this forum. Just the amount of angry, unfair, unreasonable complaints about anyone and anything on here would be reason enough to avoid it.

Posts like these are not doing us any favors. Saying the dev team never does anything and never will is not criticism, its not feedback, its just an upset person venting. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

On 8/7/2022 at 4:15 PM, GWstinkt.6094 said:

Except is it when people are being malicious or rude.

I'm all for constructive criticism and well meaning complaints. Making sure the devs know when we are not happy and why is important. That's literally what this post is.

However, a decent chunk of posts on this forum are pessimism at best, actual harassment and insults at worst. Pretending like the game is unplayable or acting like the devs are clueless, lazy and will never fix any issues will not get positive results. It might put pressure on management at best, but it will not drive the actual people making and maintaining this to listen to and care for the players.

If I was a GW2 dev, I probably would not come looking for feedback in this forum. Just the amount of angry, unfair, unreasonable complaints about anyone and anything on here would be reason enough to avoid it.

Posts like these are not doing us any favors. Saying the dev team never does anything and never will is not criticism, its not feedback, its just an upset person venting. 

Because you seem new here but for those of us who have been around since day one and posted great feedback in class forums only for them to ignore it gives us the right to vent how we want.  The idea that constantly having a positive attitude in every forum is going to bring about the necessary changes is extremely narrow minded.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, phokus.8934 said:

Because you seem new here but for those of us who have been around since day one and posted great feedback in class forums only for them to ignore it gives us the right to vent how we want.  The idea that constantly having a positive attitude in every forum is going to bring about the necessary changes is extremely narrow minded.

Being a kitten is not a right you earn by being upset. I understand that some players are frustrated, but letting that out on the devs is immature and will get no one nowhere.

Also I have not called for a positive attitude. Just a constructive one. Or at least one that isn't insulting, harassing or pure pessimism.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, GWstinkt.6094 said:

Being a kitten is not a right you earn by being upset. I understand that some players are frustrated, but letting that out on the devs is immature and will get no one nowhere.

Also I have not called for a positive attitude. Just a constructive one. Or at least one that isn't insulting, harassing or pure pessimism.

But in reality the forum IS a PLAYER forum, NOT a dev forum. What I mean is, its players talking about the game. They say both good and bad, fair and unfair things just like any large unorganized group of people would be expected to.

That said, I hear what you are saying and am not inclined to say you are wrong or make no sense. However, I think if any devs. do actually come onto the forums and read posts they should only do so when they can keep a solid grasp on the idea that they will probably run into some kind of criticism and probably some very negative and unfair posts from time to time. On the other hand, they are also likely to almost always see some genuine conversations by players about the game and what they are enjoying or just really love too.

I recall a few years ago when this forum was mostly positive with some posts by confused players or people upset about people in pvp, and the like which will always happen when people feel passionate about a game. That is, as long as people still really like GW2 and care about it some of them will be inclined to come here and try to post about what they like and dont like at the moment in game.

The best solution for the devs to get feedback may be to have others filter through the forums and bring them the serious non-hate forums or have them scrape the ideas from the posts and remove the insulting parts. Or make an algorithm, to do all that automatically with the forum each day and just give them a clean feed without expecting people not to be people.

They could also play the game or hire game testers assuming they dont use them and dont play anymore. I mean kitten I duno what to say, but to acknowledge what you say, while also sorta thinking for the forums to have any valuable feedback people have to be able to say what they think even when its just venting and anyone important who actually reads it should totally keep that in mind at all times. *shrug*

[In other words, I hear ya, but I dont think its fair to expect people to come here and post on the play forums with specific sensitivity to devs in mind at all TBH. I think that is a totally bad idea and a bad suggestion. Devs should either not use player forum, filter what they read, or be professional enough to look past all our kitten (the players).]

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 1