[Quickfix] Quick and easy changes for Warrior. [Base Warrior Traits]

DanAlcedo.3281

All changes listed below are just quick and easy adjustments that would help Warrior out. I personally would rather see reworks on a larger scale but that unlikely.

Edit:

• Changed the effect of Dual Wield. 
  • changed the effect of Burst Precison slightly.

Strenght

• Body Blow: Bleeding Removed. Added effect: Gain Might ( 5 stacks for 8 seconds) on hard CC.

Arms

• Deep Strikes: Added effect: Gain 150 Ferocity while you have Fury.
  • Bloodlust: Placement switched with Furious. Added effect: Gain Condition Damage on Crit. (Previously on Furious)
  • Furious: Placement switched with Bloodlust. Effect: Crits gain extra Adrenalin.
  • Unsuspecting Foe: Added effect: Deal 20% more dmg against hard cced foes.
  • Burst Precision: Added effect: You attacks always crit for 1/2/3 seconds after a Burst Skill was used based on Adrenalin used.( Sigil of Vison effect).
  • Dual Wield: Increased Attack Speed is now 33%.  Gain 5% Damage and 5% Condition Damage while Dual Wielding.

Defense

• Not touched as it needs a complete rework from the ground up.

Tactic

• Marching Orders: Reduced Recharge to 8 Seconds
  • Roaring Reveille: Added effect: Warhorn Skills have 20% reduced Cooldown
  • Empowered: New effect: Gain 0.5% increased dmg and 1% Boon Duration for every Stack of might on you.

Discipline

• Destuction of the Empowered: Removed.
  • New Trait: Unstoppable Motion. Effect: Deal 10% more Damage while moving.

[Extra] Traits that could be removed.

• Soldies Comfort.
  • Vengeful Return.
  • Destuction of the Empowered.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Body blow does what you suggest already if you take aristocracy runes, so Anet won't addit directly. Just swap the bleed for power damage.

Burst Precision should be based on adrenaline tier spent, one second per tier.

If Marching Order's CD were removed entirely and keyed off of using a burst rather than hitting, then soldiers comfort becomes very good, and heal warrior could actually be a thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Strenght

• Body Blow: Bleeding Removed. Added effect: Gain Might ( 5 stacks for 8 seconds) on hard CC.

Certainly better than the current effect, though I'm not convinced that Strength specifically needs more might generation.

Arms

• Deep Strikes: Added effect: Gain 150 Ferocity while you have Fury.
  • Bloodlust: Placement switched with Furious. Added effect: Gain Condition Damage on Crit. (Previously on Furious)
  • Furious: Placement switched with Bloodlust. Effect: Crits gain extra Adrenalin.
  • Unsuspecting Foe: Added effect: Deal 20% more dmg against hard cced foes.
  • Burst Precision: Added effect: You attacks always crit for 3 seconds after a Burst Skill was used ( Sigil of Vison effect).
  • Dual Wield: Increased Attack Speed is now 33%.  If you have the Boon Quickness, you gain 150 Power and Condition Damage.

That would make Arms a good specialization for power damage builds, which means +5% crit chance on Furious Burst was actually a great idea. I'm not comfortable with giving Anet a win like that. Okay, serious: Those are good changes, if one wants Arms to be picked by power builds. That change to Burst Precision should have happened years ago, specifically when they changed "Hidden Killer" in Critical Strikes. (August 2017, if anyone is wondering) But I'll have to rein it in a bit: Because Decapitate exists, this will need an ICD.

I can see your version of Dual Wield in power builds, but why put condition damage on it as well? Bloodlust looks like it is going to be much better for builds mainly dealing damage with conditions. On the topic of power builds: "You deal 5% more critical damage while you have Quickness." Is probably better than 150 power and it ties into the crit theme of Arms. (And I get to steal the functionality from the upcoming Chrono buff, well Quickness instead of Alacrity, but it's close enough)

Defense

• Not touched as it needs a complete rework from the ground up.

True.

Tactic

• Marching Orders: Reduced Recharge to 8 Seconds
  • Roaring Reveille: Added effect: Warhorn Skills have 20% reduced Cooldown
  • Empowered: New effect: Gain 0.5% increased dmg and 1% Boon Duration for every Stack of might on you.

Honestly would have been better if you gave it the Defense treatment. These changes (not counting Roaring Reville) simply make DPS Bladesworn with minimal Quickness buffing better, which means some groups will stack them, Anet is going to consider it to be meta defining and they will start swinging the nerf bat. With good reason by the way, DH stacking was a mistake, FB stacking was, Chrono and Catalyst as well - Bladesworn isn't any different.

2 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Discipline

• Destuction of the Empowered: Removed.
  • New Trait: Unstoppable Motion. Effect: Deal 10% more Damage while moving.

No. The game should not get a trait version of Seaweed Salad. In addition: Do we really need more ways to screw over Hundred Blades? How about the reverse? Make the effect to give bonus damage while standing still.

2 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

[Extra] Traits that could be removed.

• Soldies Comfort.
  • Vengeful Return.
  • Destuction of the Empowered.

True, but unless you replace them with something, I suggest that we keep them for the moment.

Knowing Anet I'm not sure that all of that qualifies as "quick and easy" changes, but a lot of the suggestions are pretty good.

31 minutes ago, Katary.7096 said:

Certainly better than the current effect, though I'm not convinced that Strength specifically needs more might generation.

That would make Arms a good specialization for power damage builds, which means +5% crit chance on Furious Burst was actually a great idea. I'm not comfortable with giving Anet a win like that. Okay, serious: Those are good changes, if one wants Arms to be picked by power builds. That change to Burst Precision should have happened years ago, specifically when they changed "Hidden Killer" in Critical Strikes. (August 2017, if anyone is wondering) But I'll have to rein it in a bit: Because Decapitate exists, this will need an ICD.

I can see your version of Dual Wield in power builds, but why put condition damage on it as well? Bloodlust looks like it is going to be much better for builds mainly dealing damage with conditions. On the topic of power builds: "You deal 5% more critical damage while you have Quickness." Is probably better than 150 power and it ties into the crit theme of Arms. (And I get to steal the functionality from the upcoming Chrono buff, well Quickness instead of Alacrity, but it's close enough)

True.

Honestly would have been better if you gave it the Defense treatment. These changes (not counting Roaring Reville) simply make DPS Bladesworn with minimal Quickness buffing better, which means some groups will stack them, Anet is going to consider it to be meta defining and they will start swinging the nerf bat. With good reason by the way, DH stacking was a mistake, FB stacking was, Chrono and Catalyst as well - Bladesworn isn't any different.

No. The game should not get a trait version of Seaweed Salad. In addition: Do we really need more ways to screw over Hundred Blades? How about the reverse? Make the effect to give bonus damage while standing still.

True, but unless you replace them with something, I suggest that we keep them for the moment.

Knowing Anet I'm not sure that all of that qualifies as "quick and easy" changes, but a lot of the suggestions are pretty good.

Honestly, maybe Dual Wield is a bit dumb. The Condi is for the 0.000001% Sword/Sword lover. "shrug"

I would have changed Dual Wield completly but i dont think thats gonna happen ever.

The general idea is that Dual Wield is a Solo Play Trait. When you play in a Quickness free environment but i gave it an extra effect that works with Quickness so you dont loose its effect of you suddenly are in a situation with quickness around.

Honestly, if that trait just gave perma quickness while you are Dual Wielding, it would probably not even OP anyway...

Edit: changed the effect to 33% attack speed and 5% global dmg.

About the 10% dmg while moving.  We need a Dps trait in Discipline master. But i didnt want to push Bladesworn ever further, so i thought, a while moving modifier works with all Builds exept BS.

Thats general my problem. I think Base Warrior needs dps buffs but without buffing BS.

About Warhorn. 20s CDs on the skills is WAY to high. Would actually like to see the Quickness removed again and reeduce the CD again.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Body blow does what you suggest already if you take aristocracy runes, so Anet won't addit directly. Just swap the bleed for power damage.

Burst Precision should be based on adrenaline tier spent, one second per tier.

If Marching Order's CD were removed entirely and keyed off of using a burst rather than hitting, then soldiers comfort becomes very good, and heal warrior could actually be a thing.

Edited the effect of Burst Precision.

Nice ideas, @DanAlcedo.3281!  I especially like some of your power-oriented changes to Arms.  +150 ferocity when you have Fury would be great.

A few ideas/variations on what you proposed:

Body Blow:

Gain 5 might (10s) and inflict 10 vuln (5s) when you disable a target

@Katary.7096Strength line actually doesn't generate much might outside of Forceful GS, which this trait would compete with.  The idea here is to give Hammer (or other CC)-oriented builds a way of building might outside of Forceful GS, which they probably wouldn't benefit very much from.  

@Lan Deathrider.5910This version of BB would NOT stack with Aristocracy as BB is no longer applying weakness.  In my dream world, application of weakness on CC would be put on either Cull the Weak or Sundering Mace.  You could, of course, replicate Aristocracy runes by combining BB and Cull the Weak, but I don't think there's anything in the bylaws the prohibits that.  I see no problem there.

Bloodlust:

Steal health whenever you inflict bleeding (Life Siphon damage: 125; LS healing: 100)

Destruction of the Empowered:

Deal 3% increased damage for each boon on your target

Deal increased damage to foes with Barrier (+50% PvE, +20% Competitive)

This combines the effects of current DoE and Warrior's Cunning.  The idea here is to make DoE more attractive as well as making "damage vs barrier" more accessible (you don't always want to take tactics, but you usually want to take Discipline).  

Also, this frees up Warrior's Cunning in Tactics to become a support trait.  I envision something like this:

Warrior's Cunning:

Grant barrier (1.5k hp) to allies in 600 radius when you disable a foe.

23 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Honestly, maybe Dual Wield is a bit dumb. The Condi is for the 0.000001% Sword/Sword lover. "shrug"

I would have changed Dual Wield completly but i dont think thats gonna happen ever.

The general idea is that Dual Wield is a Solo Play Trait. When you play in a Quickness free environment but i gave it an extra effect that works with Quickness so you dont loose its effect of you suddenly are in a situation with quickness around.

As a general solo play trait it works quite well and getting a bit of a bonus while you have Quickness is pretty nice considering that the boon invalidates the trait's primary effect. The situation is getting a bit weird when you know you are going to have Quickness, since condition builds would switch to Bloodlust but power builds would stick with Dual Wield since they don't have a "you pick this trait when you are in group" option. But overall it is an improvement.

Honestly, if that trait just gave perma quickness while you are Dual Wielding, it would probably not even OP anyway...

At 0% boon duration that would be pretty OP.

About the 10% dmg while moving.  We need a Dps trait in Discipline master. But i didnt want to push Bladesworn ever further, so i thought, a while moving modifier works with all Builds exept BS.

Thats general my problem. I think Base Warrior needs dps buffs but without buffing BS.

Those are all valid points. I'd like to offer an alternative approach: With the update that gives Discipline a power damage option in the major master slot come nerfs to all 3 versions of Dragon Slash, let us say -7% damage at every charge level. Thus Discipline has more to offer to power Warrior builds and Bladesworn builds don't become stronger even with the new trait. Everyone wins.

About Warhorn. 20s CDs on the skills is WAY to high. Would actually like to see the Quickness removed again and reeduce the CD again.

I don't have a problem with your suggestion for Roaring Reveille.

22 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

@Katary.7096Strength line actually doesn't generate much might outside of Forceful GS, which this trait would compete with.  The idea here is to give Hammer (or other CC)-oriented builds a way of building might outside of Forceful GS, which they probably wouldn't benefit very much from. 

I like DanAlcedo's version of Body Blow, I think it is an improvement over the trait that is currently in the game. I'm simply unsure that more might stacks is the best possible effect one can put on that trait.