What's one thing going in the right direction, and one thing that isn't?

29 minutes ago, Voyant.1327 said:

Its actually a common complaint I hear these days. People don't like forced ideologies is all it is.

I disagree with this observation, people do not like other ideologies being in their faces. But if their own ideology is forced, most people don't even realize. 

But most people don't articulate or voice their concerns about it out of fear of backlash\being singled out for speaking up.

Potentially true, but I have seen enough people on both side complain on forced ideologies to think it's not completely shunned upon. 

For the most part though the game seems pretty tame. Its clear that its a liberal focused ideology behind the writing, but as long as they're not malicious towards different views I personally don't care.

So do you think there is misandry in the way the story is written? 

Every time period has one demographic they blame for everything, so you'll see a lot of subtle jabs in various content until people realize hate is bad in all forms again.

We'll different demographics get blamed by different people. It is a big problem though, that I agree with. 

And you're not gonna get thru to people who don't want to see their scapegoat as a human being right now.

I do not see how this is related to what Funky wrote though. Or do you think the game portrays any idea as group as the cause of all problems? 

But I applaud you for articulating it in a way that might being awareness to it for some. Most will dismiss it cause they're not ready to hear it but least the details are there. 

Or people will dismiss it because they disagree that that is happining in this context? 

In general most the characters/story is one of the weaker points of the game so I don't think its such a big deal though. If the world was immersive or I cared what happens to them it might be different.

I tend to like random gold heart npcs more then main characters. (Looking at you Taimi) 

Taimi is pretty polarizing to say the least. 🙂

Still kudos for explaining a different point of view without malice in a way people might understand. 🍻

I mean, I consider calling the writing misandric a form of malice. But that's just me. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/1/2022 at 4:13 PM, Funky.4861 said:

Right: finally teaching players about game mechanics in open-world BEFORE they hit the harder/endgame content.

Wrong: Incorporating real-world political ideology into an escapist pursuit.

Me, reading the OP: "Who doesn't like the Dredge? They're hilarious."

Me, reading the follow-up posts: "I'd like off this planet at the next stop, please."

• Confused 1

On 7/31/2022 at 9:58 PM, SamuelW.2685 said:

What's going good? Anything that isn't class balance, even the story 

• EoD and post EoD Open world

Extremely Unrewarding.

• PvP

Completely abandoned.

• WvW

Lied to and strung along for 5+ years now. Balance changes going in the opposite direction of what the majority want.

• Instanced PvE

Zero rewards, basically. FFXIV simon says musical chairs square room encounter design. zZz

• Cosmetics

Barely any new ones, always extremely conservative and never cute or good looking. Mostly ugly trash bags.

• Story

Marvel Movie trash with terrible pacing.

Tell me again , how everything but class balance is going the right way? I'll wait.

Edited by Kozumi.5816