Congrats Anet, you did it.

Azure The Heartless.3261

Tactics banner with doubled standards now provides a nice answer to blind and weakness spam classes that don't respect you enough on warrior to prevent you from gap closing. The superspeed helps you counter any movement skills they may use to put themselves away from your banner, and the quickness lets you push damage on them without having to worry about weakness or blind. they now -must- dodge you if you have banner off cd and drop it. 

*applause* Good work. This helps core, zerker and spellbreaker. It may take a little while for people to get the muscle memory, but the parts are there.

dont touch the boon times/cd.

Dont touch them.

DONT.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I think Banner of Tactics is great. Very excited to see how I can make use of it.

BoDefense is ok; on drop effct is fantastic but I'm not sold that regen will be that impactful.

Banners of Strength and discipline seem very underwhelming, and I struggle to think of where they might be used (except to get the quickness from DS, of course). I think those should probably get some love to bring them up to Banner of Tactics' level. 

54 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I think Banner of Tactics is great. Very excited to see how I can make use of it.

BoDefense is ok; on drop effct is fantastic but I'm not sold that regen will be that impactful.

Banners of Strength and discipline seem very underwhelming, and I struggle to think of where they might be used (except to get the quickness from DS, of course). I think those should probably get some love to bring them up to Banner of Tactics' level. 

Banner of Strength seems awkward to me right now because of the ramp-up and subsequent ramp-down of the Might it provides. They probably should have reserved the pulsing boons for things that stack duration.

1 hour ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Yeah, the tactics banner seems good, but is it good enough? does it fits in viable builds without a hard tradeoff? can warrior finally becomes a different option to guard when it comes to team stab?

Team stab? Maybe not. 

Able to push things off point that like to emit blind aoes? Maybe. It may not fit in viable builds that currently exist,  but it might create a few that were shut down by things like d/p DD and cpc necro.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I did some tests on healing Bladesworn and the Banner of Defense outstrips the gains from a third shout. The barrier alone is equal to two casts and then you get Regen on top of it, pretty good.

Of course you lose the utility from that shout (usually Vulnerability from On My Mark).

Warrior lost banner-applied Regeneration because of Healing Signet, so this opens up some new tanky builds similar to what we used to have on old Warrior before the nerfs.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508