Banner Feedback for the Balance Team

Lan Deathrider.5910

4 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

https://youtu.be/mfJ1GRo2ZFA

Did you guys see this? I don't raid, but maybe this would be good? It didn't look like he was playing particularly optimally either. 

No.

I stopped watching when I saw the awful quickness uptime on MO/samarog just to take two shouts (his argumentation: I made "mistakes", while the build is just flawed in the first place). You are dealing no damage (less than any other healer it seems). The heal is NOT good for endgame PvE. Its a bit sustain heal but against heavy pressure you are useless. If you pay close attention he heals/shouts when his group doesnt need heal most of the time. He just gets carried by the mech barrier and the rather experienced team in general.

You know I get it. Content creators trying something new and people jump on the hypetrain. But this build isnt pulling weight, especially with bad boon uptime, bad damage, bad cc AND only mediocre healing. He also played with a power alac mech in his subgroup. Meaning there is not much protection or resolution and only his bad regen.

Also just another way to show bladesworns abuse of TR. Its not like you guys see that everyday in competitive. 

EDIT: Deimos was even worse. Literally grieving his team.

Edited by anbujackson.9564

9 minutes ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

No.

I stopped watching when I saw the awful quickness uptime on MO/samarog just to take two shouts (his argumentation: I made "mistakes", while the build is just flawed in the first place). You are dealing no damage (less than any other healer it seems). The heal is NOT good for endgame PvE. Its a bit sustain heal but against heavy pressure you are useless. If you pay close attention he heals/shouts when his group doesnt need heal most of the time. He just gets carried by the mech barrier and the rather experienced team in general.

You know I get it. Content creators trying something new and people jump on the hypetrain. But this build isnt pulling weight, especially with bad boon uptime, bad damage, bad cc AND only mediocre healing. He also played with a power alac mech in his subgroup. Meaning there is not much protection or resolution and only his bad regen.

Also just another way to show bladesworns abuse of TR. Its not like you guys see that everyday in competitive. 

EDIT: Deimos was even worse. Literally grieving his team.

Ah, ok. That's why I asked; I have no clue what is "good" in raids. 

Back to the drawing board! 

9 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Ah, ok. That's why I asked; I have no clue what is "good" in raids. 

Back to the drawing board! 

I envy your emthusiasm.

But with core traits and even core utilities competing with each other that badly, any support heal is doomed to fail. Especially if all your support is concentrated in them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

https://youtu.be/mfJ1GRo2ZFA

Did you guys see this? I don't raid, but maybe this would be good? It didn't look like he was playing particularly optimally either. 

I did see this, and no offense to Muk, but it ticked me right off (for wont of stronger language).

See, this is why I don't like raids, rotations and the current state of "High End" PvE play.

Let's compare it to music; what you see in that video, and what is becoming de rigueur for instanced PvE in general, is the difference between someone who has only ever learned to play music by sight-reading, and someone who has learned to improvise.

Muk freely admits that he has no idea how to play warrior; he has no idea what the skills do, or what the best scenario to use them in is.

But he's more than able to memorise a sequence of button presses and repeat them ad nauseam until the target is dead.

He's a sight-reader.

This isn't what I'd call skill; it locks the player into rigid structures without helping them understand the theory, and leaving them without the tools necessary to improvise. They may get really good at hitting those buttons in sequence, but they'll struggle to understand why it plays so well.

Personally, I find scenarios that allow for improvisation to be far more rewarding, and these scenarios always deepen my understanding of any profession I'm playing at the time.

I can learn rotations for every profession without ever understanding what the skills actually do.

But personally, I only feel fully confident improvising with 2, possibly 3 of them (maybe 7 specs out of 36 total), where I feel like I have a deeper understanding of their abilities that allows me to to be creative.

I've always felt that Warrior is one of the professions that is built around expression through improvisation, and to see it reduced to yet another rotation just gets my goat.

• Like 1