Condition Willbender Seems Really Weak

Mayaura.4603

I started the game with a Guardian Power Dragonhunter build. It does a lot fo damage but it's the typical glass canon. So I made another build with vitality and toughness that does near as much damage that I like much better. Then, for my third build, I made the Willbender with viper stats and all ascended gear and accessories, following this guideline: https://snowcrows.com/builds/guardian/willbender/condition-willbender

The thing is, it just seems so much weaker than the other two builds and not any more durable, and perhaps a bit less so. Am I missing something?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mayaura.4603 said:

I started the game with a Guardian Power Dragonhunter build. It does a lot fo damage but it's the typical glass canon. So I made another build with vitality and toughness that does near as much damage that I like much better. Then, for my third build, I made the Willbender with viper stats and all ascended gear and accessories, following this guideline: https://snowcrows.com/builds/guardian/willbender/condition-willbender

The thing is, it just seems so much weaker than the other two builds and not any more durable, and perhaps a bit less so. Am I missing something?

What do you mean by "weak"? Is it you do not do enough damage to kill things or that you too fast get killed?

From that link I would say you don't have any tools to to mitigate conditions on yourself, need to stay very mobile (and lack vigor to be able to dodge faster). Everything in that build is focused on burn damage from fire.

If you play in a coordinated group you might be able to pull this off, but when there is nobody to act as body guard to keep you alive, then this build is to heavy on just one condition and have no tools to reduce incoming damage or cleanse yourself from conditions when you have used your combo skills to cleans or heal yourself as long as those are on cooldown.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mayaura.4603 said:

I started the game with a Guardian Power Dragonhunter build. It does a lot fo damage but it's the typical glass canon. So I made another build with vitality and toughness that does near as much damage that I like much better.

and you have tested this build somewhere with either arcdps running or some parser like the golem? Just saying, your subjective feeling is most likely incorrect in that it does "near as much damage".

Then, for my third build, I made the Willbender with viper stats and all ascended gear and accessories, following this guideline: https://snowcrows.com/builds/guardian/willbender/condition-willbender

Willbender is significantly stronger than DH. It does require some basic understanding of which skills to combo and use together and falls apart if not using those synergies especially on raid builds in open world content.

1. read up on how willbender works

2. adjust your build for an actual open world setting (there are enough guides and ow builds out there)

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This might be late but here some pointers on how to improve on cwb.
First of just saying CWB is in a pretty mid/bad spot rn so maybe look for another class if you wana perform on the top level (untaimed specter harbinger or mechanist for an example https://snowcrows.com/benchmark as a reference).
So here some pointers. Never use F2 and F3 while trying to push dmg, always have F1 running or use it as soon as possible.
Purging flames is your single best dmg ability (exept maybe F1) keep on cooldown all the time.
During F1 push as many buttons in there as possible, more hits = more burn = more dmg.
Don't use the Signet until 100% necicary.
If you run gs keeping your fireballs synced is not mandatory but a lot more dmg.

Hope this helps, and good luck out there

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2