People throw around the word "endgame" a lot. What is endgame?

38 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

When anyone (you included) offers their own concept of what is endgame it is their choice - there's no such thing as official definition of it, after all. Well, beyond developers making the statements like "The whole game is the endgame" of course, but that one should be rather treated as idea, not hard definition. Because, obviously, endgame does not cover literally everything after all. Still, that does not mean someone's ideas can not be flawed. Yours for example is (see below for why).

That bolded part is (again) where your misconception comes from. You're right that, in general, endgame tends to encompass harder content. You've however mistakenly thought that one is an indication of the other.  Your error here is forgetting about that "in general" part.

Sure, game designers tend to avoid placing most difficult content at the beginning of the game, and, as such, the further you go the overall difficulty tends to rise, but that does not automatically mean that everything at the endgame will be difficult. Or even that most things will. Difficulty is just one of the many factors that are considered. And, depending on the game, often not even a primary one.

So, to summarize: difficult content often is part of endgame. This does not mean however that all (or even most) endgame must be difficult.

I think you're looking way too deep into it man. Like I said, and you even bolded it, in general games tend to be more difficult towards the end so that is why my idea of endgame is overcoming something difficult. And soloing champs is difficult. That is it.

Everyone else presented their idea of endgame did I say they were wrong? No, I simply offered my opinion. Whatever you think endgame is is up to you I just said what I think. 

If you wanna be right so bad go ahead but don't say I'm wrong just because we don't share an opinion. 

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2022 at 1:34 AM, Demon Pie.2634 said:

I'll tell you what Gw2 endgame is: doing all the champion bounties SOLO. It's by far the most difficult fight in the game. Well beyond raids and strike missions.

Just you and the boss. No downs, no deaths and no help.

You can't say you've mastered a build or a class without having defated a few of these on your own. 

Try it. It's also the most satisfying battle you'll ever have in the game.

I've killed all of them solo on top of HoT champs but those are easy (legendary included) except for Matriarch and I used only ONE build to do it. 

I will not say what build it is because Anet will nerf it. Whisper me in-game if you wanna know. Hint: it's not the brainless Mechanist or Guradian.

Its classic Ranger isn't it..

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1