[Suggestion] Move Doubled Standards to Tactics from Discipline.

BenaSPACE.6028

Honestly, I think the biggest problem Banner warrior faces is that it relies on two specializations to do reliable quickness, whereas every other quickness oriented spec just needs one, usually an elite spec. While Warriors do often times take Discipline due to its versatility, forcing warriors to take  it for quickness is still more restrictive than necessary. I propose the following swap in each spec:

Doubled Standards <-> Warrior's Cunning.

This will allow the Warrior's specs to hone in on how they want to do their damage in discipline, while letting them double down in support if they would rather do that.

20 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Nah. I like it in discipline. 

It lets me give up a bit of condi cleanse/damage to take one of the banners that pushes a boon I might need. It's fine where it is, and I don't want to trade that for War's cunning. 

That's a fair point. Honestly, I think it's a better DPS option than everything else in that specific column.  There's other quickness options in Warhorn and Martial Cadence (under tactics), and I figure that having all these eggs in the one basket would simplify things.

That being said, I also don't feel like losing a little bit of boon uptime is a bad tradeoff for dealing more damage overall early. It's a hard call. Maybe I ought to be more concerned about providing too much quickness as well.

Edited by BenaSPACE.6028
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, BenaSPACE.6028 said:

That's a fair point. Honestly, I think it's a better DPS option than everything else in that specific column.  There's other quickness options in Warhorn and Martial Cadence (under tactics), and I figure that having all these eggs in the one basket would simplify things.

That being said, I also don't feel like losing a little bit of boon uptime is a bad tradeoff for dealing more damage overall early. It's a hard call. Maybe I ought to be more concerned about providing too much quickness as well.

Viewpoint is reasonable. I can see why you'd be inclined to have that set with Quickness, but if banner use is going to be usable across the professions, I'd reckon discipline is where itll need to stay. The moment you move to tactics you're talking about a very specific subset of warriors that won't necessarily avoid running discipline anyway, but that makes the option of a banner less appealing to the other builds. 

• Thanks 1

I get what you mean since double standard feels just out of place in discipline.

The problem now is though that with the latest rework you just need this trait and banners. That way you can play berserker. Move it to tactics and berserker is pretty much screwed, especially condi, which ironically performs the best with quickness.

Putting warriors cunning into disicipline would just buff dps bladesworn even more (at least I think so). With the overbuff of banners tactics remains screwed sort of. MC and warhorn are now worthless as quickness source because banners do so much.

People already struggling to play quickness warrior even though its dps is decent. Cant imagine what even lower dps will do. You still have no real utility.

Edited by anbujackson.9564
  • Thanks 1

I think they should move Marshal Cadence on the spot of Heightened focus, it already does the same thing but shittier and it is selfish, this way it opens up the grandmasters for tactics. Discipline gets a support row to compliment the Banner trait, Vengeful Return is prime trait for change into something useful, maybe gain adrenaline when you share a boon or some kitten like that or it could be part of Marshal Cadence since the Adrenaline generation is kinda bad without the Discipline grandmasters.

• Like 3