Pet changes, please revert Ilboga!

RainbowTurtle.3542

Axe on Mirage got reverted (I think, dont remember the skill names).

Nerfing ilboga doesn't help make other pets more viable, it just nerfs ilboga (and by extent, nerfs every untamed build). As Ilboga is a standalone species, you can easily hold off on any changes until you buff other pets to a respectable level.

Please don't nerf untamed in its incredibly fragile state! Please! Nerfing ilboga is just a flat ranger nerf with no rhyme or reason!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

I'd either lower the nerf to some thing like -15% damage and -20% per condi (just until more changes) or give more global buffs.
Iboga is just too high above the other pets in terms of damage (double to triple damage of other pets), to leave it be and fix pets as a whole.
Overall it sucks that one pet saves the entire class by just doing what pets were supposed to be doing years ago, while holding it back by threatening to out dps players if buffed.

Math from my last post with crits:

Iboga 1/2s cast
3300-3600 non crit
6400-7000 crit
1st set 48 out of 100 hits were crits (Fury and Beastmastery active)
2nd set 44 out of 100 hits were crits (Fury and Beastmastery active)
3rd set 47 out of 100 hits were crits (Fury and Beastmastery active)
Expected damage in 100 hits: 472 600-516 400

Post nerf Iboga AA will drop while gaining crit chance. Expected damage post nerf:
2145-2340 non crit
4160-4550 crit
Expected crit rate is 61-65 per 100 hits (Fury and Beastmastery active)
Expected damage in 100 hits: 341 445-373 230

well in my opinion iboga needed a nerf, a trait that gives you dmg per condi on target is fine on a elite or class trait, but iboga being a pet and having that in the auto made it absurdly strong, now is this the moment to do the nerf? probably not, pets have lots of lacking cualities, boon sharing ONLY in a suport trait line, beast mastery to increase pet stats being plenty mediocre compared to other trai lines, and untamed itself doesnt give pet any buff with unleash mecanic, the crit chance and slash fixes are good, but until we get realy good pet trait rework iboga should be left as is, holding the garri till every other pet is ready to come help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

43 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

I'd either lower the nerf to some thing like -15% damage and -20% per condi (just until more changes) or give more global buffs.
Iboga is just too high above the other pets in terms of damage (double to triple damage of other pets), to leave it be and fix pets as a whole.
Overall it sucks that one pet saves the entire class by just doing what pets were supposed to be doing years ago, while holding it back by threatening to out dps players if buffed.

Math from my last post with crits:

Iboga 1/2s cast
3300-3600 non crit
6400-7000 crit
1st set 48 out of 100 hits were crits (Fury and Beastmastery active)
2nd set 44 out of 100 hits were crits (Fury and Beastmastery active)
3rd set 47 out of 100 hits were crits (Fury and Beastmastery active)
Expected damage in 100 hits: 472 600-516 400

Post nerf Iboga AA will drop while gaining crit chance. Expected damage post nerf:
2145-2340 non crit
4160-4550 crit
Expected crit rate is 61-65 per 100 hits (Fury and Beastmastery active)
Expected damage in 100 hits: 341 445-373 230

I'd rather have ilboga be OP for a little bit when they actually fix pets. They're clearly capable of doing a quick, short patch like they did for the June 28th one, so have some ilboga nerf code ready and waiting to be applied for when they fix pets and see what the numbers churn out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

I'd rather have ilboga be OP for a little bit when they actually fix pets. They're clearly capable of doing a quick, short patch like they did for the June 28th one, so have some ilboga nerf code ready and waiting to be applied for when they fix pets and see what the numbers churn out.

Itd be pretty simole in fact, you coukd give "we heal as one" a pasive to share boons to pets, or put the trait in beastmastery, and use the spirit trait line spot for something else.

making unleashed pet get 10% more dmg, and when pj unleash pet receives 10% less dmg.

With that and maybe some tweaks to beastmastery you could even nerf a bit the existent cc untamed build and still keep it as a good build.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

Yes but it's a Condi build specific pet and that damage was essential for keeping condi builds relevant.

I'm talking both pve and pvp/wvw.

Right now there is an Untamed condi bleed specific rotation that shoves out 40k-42k benchmarks due to the heavy exploitation of the GM trait that reduces all ranger skills by 4s every time you land a CC, but I highly doubt Arenanet is going to let that one go on for too much longer. When it gets nerfed, and I'm almost certain it will, the last good condi build for ranger is going to drop down to subpar benchmarks, just like where Soulbeast is right now after OWP & stance nerfs.

If they're going to start nerfing pets like that, they need to land buffs in other areas. It's like one fell swoop they essentially booted Ranger out of favorable end-game meta, while everything else received god tier power creep buffs.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Yes but it's a Condi build specific pet and that damage was essential for keeping condi builds relevant.

It is not a condi build specific pet (unless you are talking about merged soulbeast which isn't affected by the changes). Right now it is top dps in PvE for both condi and power untamed (and technically also druid and core). And in PvP and WvW is is a bad pet for any build, with it's autoattacks being the least relevant part. Because dead pets don't deal any dmg (and even if it's alive it doesn't do that much. Well, the pull can be nice i guess, and nothing changes in this regard)

15 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

When it gets nerfed, and I'm almost certain it will, the last good condi build for ranger is going to drop down to subpar benchmarks, just like where Soulbeast is right now after OWP & stance nerfs.

Power soulbeast is fine and in actual content usually better than untamed. No need to change either (the pet changes are likely going to result in a minor nerf to untamed, but nothing major, it will still be 40k+ dps against a golem and lackluster elsewhere)

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Power soulbeast is fine and in actual content usually better than untamed. No need to change either (the pet changes are likely going to result in a minor nerf to untamed, but nothing major, it will still be 40k+ dps against a golem and lackluster elsewhere)

I think they were referring to either 1. Right after the June 28th patch (pre emergency patch) where soulbeast was a dead spec altogether or 2. Condi soulbeast, which is still dead due to the stance changes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

It is not a condi build specific pet (unless you are talking about merged soulbeast which isn't affected by the changes). Right now it is top dps in PvE for both condi and power untamed (and technically also druid and core). And in PvP and WvW is is a bad pet for any build, with it's autoattacks being the least relevant part. Because dead pets don't deal any dmg (and even if it's alive it doesn't do that much. Well, the pull can be nice i guess, and nothing changes in this regard)

Power untamed i know i use iboga i am a longbow and hammer build so my dps is about 7k on golem. Iboga and smokescale are my go to lineup. Last thing i feel we need is a nerf on our pets given in my mind Untamed is suppose to be the pet build. I know im a odd ranger but i main weapon longbow i am autistic and used longbow since i started so i kinda know all its attacks. Before EOD i was a core ranger main however Untamed i took on because was closest to core.

Edited by Kaenaydar.5631

2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

but I highly doubt Arenanet is going to let that one go on for too much longer.

Probably nothing will be done until Untamed changes are ready and since the build itself doesn't pull 40k outside of golem or solo while having high actions per second, this is not as severe as it sounds. Blind guess tho.

2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

If they're going to start nerfing pets like that, they need to land buffs in other areas. It's like one fell swoop they essentially booted Ranger out of favorable end-game meta, while everything else received god tier power creep buffs.

Already said I don't agree with how they did it. 

6 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

• Like 1

Fun fact, no one cared about Iboga until Alacrity changes.

Basically, the only reason people care about Iboga now is Ranger got Alacrity which put Untamed into Raid comps--because of Fervent Force + Alacrity.  Iboga just happened to be the only pet that could do decent DPS on a stationary target.

I think they should leave Iboga as-is (i.e., do not proceed with this nerf) and also keep the precision buff for other pets to put them back inline damage wise to something approaching workable.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Fun fact, no one cared about Iboga until Alacrity changes.

Basically, the only reason people care about Iboga now is Ranger got Alacrity which put Untamed into Raid comps--because of Fervent Force + Alacrity.  Iboga just happened to be the only pet that could do decent DPS on a stationary target.

I think they should leave Iboga as-is (i.e., do not proceed with this nerf) and also keep the precision buff for other pets to put them back inline damage wise to something approaching workable.  

Exactly! Pets are such a broken and bad mechanic right now that one pet being 'OP' isn't even that strong, it just has something actually going for it.

Ilboga should stay. There's no reason to change it right now (even if this nerf was supposed to go into effect in 2018), and the balance team needs to realize just how bad pets are right now.

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

Iboga hasn’t been nerf, it was fixed. 
now if you ask for buffing iboga to make unplayed playable: what about they rework undeveloped instead?

this requests like the one about reverting the spirits fix are not very helpful. You are just asking to play with one pet all the time no matter the encounter or situation. That sounds a lot of boring, doesn’t it? 

• Thanks 2