Living World - Complete Collection

TiToBoii.2136

Apologies if this has been brought up already. I bought the Collection Ultimate a few weeks ago (non steam) and now I see it the complete collection on steam in includes all Living World content for the same price :classic_sad: I am hoping us non steam users who have bought Collection Ultimate have all access to Living World too. Anyone hear anything on that? Thanks!

The complete collection is the expansions + living world. The ultimate collection is the expansions + EoD deluxe bonuses + 4000 gems. The cost of all the seasons is 4160 gems. The ultimate is the better deal, especially if you wait for a living world sale (2912 gems).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TiToBoii.2136 said:

Apologies if this has been brought up already. I bought the Collection Ultimate a few weeks ago (non steam) and now I see it the complete collection on steam in includes all Living World content for the same price :classic_sad: I am hoping us non steam users who have bought Collection Ultimate have all access to Living World too. Anyone hear anything on that? Thanks!

The Complete Collection won’t be immediately available to players outside of Steam, but we’ll be working to add it to our web store and the in-game store for players with accounts created via GuildWars2.com in the near future. (Note: Existing Guild Wars 2 accounts can’t be linked to Steam and vice versa. Please visit our knowledge base for more info.) Additionally, we’ll be making it clear on our Steam page that Living World seasons must be purchased separately from expansions. No surprises.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-guild-wars-2-tenth-anniversary-and-steam-launch-on-august-23/

Those who bought the Complete Collection on guildwars2.com will very likely not be getting the Living World Seasons because of the pricing difference. The Complete Collection on Steam for all three expansions + all four Living World Seasons is $100, meanwhile the Complete Collection on guildwars2.com for all three expansions is just $50. The "Collection Ultimate" that you bought is the three expansions ($50 value) + EoD Deluxe Upgrade (which isn't on steam; 2400 gems / $30 value) + 4000 Gems ($50 value), so you're technically getting your money's worth still at $100 without the Living World Seasons.

In other words, the two options are completely different content for the same cost and value. You didn't lose out on not buying the steam version, because you gained something else instead.

TL;DR you paid same price, but got gems and EoD Deluxe Upgrade instead of LW seasons.

3 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

If you bought Ultimate you did get the Living World seasons, that's what the 4000 gems are for. Its your choice if you want to use them for something else, though I know they don't make this clear.

That's very much not what the gems are 'intended to be for', since it's just the Ultimate Edition upgrade that's existed for every expansion and even the core game, always removed from purchase when the next expansion came out. There is no intended purpose for the gems, and the LWSeasons cost 160 more gems than the Ultimate edition gives now anyways (while before IBS, you had a surplus of gems).

• Thanks 1

I was super super 😠when I bought the Steam super collection, and got all the living seasons INSTEAD of the gems, because that's what I thought I was getting, when I purchased that.

I admit, i was ignorant. But, at the same time, it's very poor handling by both steam and GW2 to not offer the same package, which only leads to confusion and distress.

As has already been stated, it's more or less, the exact same thing, I now realize.

I will "slow play" the game, and by the time I even get to level 80+ and even start to feel like I need to experience the living worlds, I will have several (yearly?) opportunities to buy the Living Seasons on sale, if I still want what they have to offer. Or, I can pivot and use the gems in any other fashion I deem fit.

Steam, to their credit, refunded my purchase. And after calming down like a dummy, and thinking about it, I ended up going for the GW2 shop collection purchase with the 4000 gems.

In short, I was committed to playing GW2 for the foreseeable future 😄 But, yeah it's a big issue of confusion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1