Firebrand

Ruisenior.6342

At this point Anet should stop nerfing Firebrand. It's probably the best well rounded class (mechanist says hello!!) but with the amount of nerfs that it took we can stop the meme of calling this class a god. With the last nerf to Mantra of Potence we can't maintain any longer 100% quickness uptime even with 100% boon duration, and our might aplication has been lowered alot.

• Haha 8

• 2 weeks later...

You didn't state any build or gamemode, but in PvE you can definitely keep quickness up 100% of the time.
The trait for quickness on heal skill and either shorter Mantra CD or quick on Stabi/Aegis, pair those with Potence and Feel my Wrath, and you're done. You'll need high concentration, but not even 100% boon dura.

But the class definitely needs to be rid of it's monopoly on stability, to a) be free to actually use all of its versatility and b) make people finally shut up about it being oh so overpowered because it is the best at one thing.

Edited by Solstice.5790
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Honestly, and I know mentioning "buff" and "Guardian" in the same sentence is heresy on this board, I wonder if it would be too much to revert the 5% damage nerf we got on Amplified Wrath. I don't think they really anticipated the double nerf cFB/cQB got hit with by losing that AND Sun Spirit in one go. DPS cFB has pretty much been relegated to not being taken due to melee range and the nerfs it got. I can't imagine giving our 5% back to even out a little boost to both c/qFB and Core Guard would be too extreme but I don't do the numbers so maybe we're sitting at where they want us.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2022 at 1:20 PM, honchurch.3170 said:

Honestly, and I know mentioning "buff" and "Guardian" in the same sentence is heresy on this board, I wonder if it would be too much to revert the 5% damage nerf we got on Amplified Wrath. I don't think they really anticipated the double nerf cFB/cQB got hit with by losing that AND Sun Spirit in one go. DPS cFB has pretty much been relegated to not being taken due to melee range and the nerfs it got. I can't imagine giving our 5% back to even out a little boost to both c/qFB and Core Guard would be too extreme but I don't do the numbers so maybe we're sitting at where they want us.

We will have to wait and see what we get, currently DPS guard as a whole is dead - and to the people saying it isn't, please tell me where all of them are then -, if you really want to play it to viability, your best and only way at the moment is cFB in fractals with heavy AotJ prestacking but that will still mostly put you below stuff like pSlb. All of the possible ways to play it DPS already suck on paper which only gets way worse when factoring in the heavy disadvantages those classes have compared to other DPS; guardian currently has the WORST top end for DPS across all classes.

On 9/15/2022 at 2:45 AM, Solstice.5790 said:

but in PvE you can definitely keep quickness up 100% of the time

100% quickness is very easy actually (on HFB!!!, qFB needs crazy situation awareness in PUGs with mantra playstyle), but after the Empower nerf, personally I don't see a way to even get close to 25 Might uptime anymore which is quite a meme on healer tbh.

Edited by Massimoni.9453
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/15/2022 at 2:45 AM, Solstice.5790 said:

But the class definitely needs to be rid of it's monopoly on stability

Well, the monopoly is actually gone now for a while, there are alot of classes which can also provide it. Sure guardian has the highest amount of skills and stacks to do it but does it really matter that much when all you need is one single piece of stability for the utmost of content? I'd much rather just have one piece of stability but get stuff like superspeed or 10 man boon extension like other classes have. The "monopoly on stability" was the only thing that even made it survive for so long, take that away and you will see a whole class die, because - as you said correctly - that's the one thing it has.

Edited by Massimoni.9453
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2022 at 8:20 AM, honchurch.3170 said:

This nerf was idiotic, it made cWB bad