The actual balance of Mechanist

GWstinkt.6094

6 hours ago, Lynx.9058 said:

listen, I get that the big bad piano-keyboard DPS players are feeling their Epeens threatened because there's a new kid on the block that can put out reliable damage with an easier rotation, but not everyone playing this game is interested in accelerating their development of carpal tunnel just to be able to function in most content.

Speaking as an older player, I don't give a rat's kitten about leaderboards and benchmarks or pvp/wvw, especially if trying to do those things leaves my hands hurting for a week.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a class that caters to casual players, in fact it's probably good for the game's health overall because it lends to more people playing, not less.

The only people throwing a fit here are those whose sense of self worth is tied to how difficut or complex their rotation is.  Get over yourselves.

It's not just that the metanist is easier. It's a combination of two things:

First, that the metanist is easier in such a way that for the majority of the player base, it's just plain better than the competition even if you have invested into learning your rotation. The combination of being ranged, not having a rotation beyond 'press the buttons when they come up' and having a pet contributing a large portion of damage regardless of what's going on means that it's basically mechanic-proof.

Second, if it's desirable to have something like it in the game (and I think it is), there should be builds for other professions that achieve similar performance at a similar level of effort. Preferring to play other things should not be like playing the game on hard mode. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2