fervent force

madmagus.6147

anyone else having a problem getting fervent force to proc?  I only get the 4 sec reset every second or third time I use a disable skill.  Specifically, I was using axe/axe and axe 4 would only occasionally reset axe 2. Is there something I am missing.  It shows a 1/4 sec reset

Edited by madmagus.6147

On 9/6/2022 at 11:07 AM, madmagus.6147 said:

anyone else having a problem getting fervent force to proc?  I only get the 4 sec reset every second or third time I use a disable skill.  Specifically, I was using axe/axe and axe 4 would only occasionally reset axe 2. Is there something I am missing.  It shows a 1/4 sec reset

If you spam your skills it has a hard time procing, you really need to slow down and wait for the skill to execute to move on. Axe 2 is the perfect example where you can easily interrupt the cast time, along with utilityCC/Axe 4 which take a while to trigger the stun.

Go something like Axe 2, wait, Axe 3, Axe 4 or another CC, wait, then repeat. Hitting the Axe 2 is the most important so everything else is secondary even F1-F3.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Ranger is depression. Just think what would  happen if this happened to the firebrand or the engie... Ranger must be the only class with skill queue issues. 

No.... Any skill with a cast time can be interrupted. Splitblade has a 3/4 cast time so it much easier to interrupt, we don't have animation canceling unlike games like ESO so be thankful that what I said is true. Otherwise we would have a whole new type of metagaming, that or combat would be super slow with un-cancelable skills.

If you want me add to why Untamed is so hard to play just look at the Trait Fervent Force, it has 1/4 second delay so you cant trigger it twice with 2 stuns, you need to wait. This isn't much of an issue but if you are just spamming your cooldowns, like Exploding Spores with Spike Trap together you wont trigger Fervent Force correctly.

Okay let me go one level deeper into now how amazing Untamed can be, especially with hammer. Some skill are better used Unleashed while other not-Unleashed, so you need weave in and out of Unleashed (F5) to maximize damage. By doing this you can get equivalent DPS to Soulbeast (sustain) while also lowering your cooldowns on heal skills and other utilities. For open world this is just Broken.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/11/2022 at 11:09 AM, Mell.4873 said:

No.... Any skill with a cast time can be interrupted. Splitblade has a 3/4 cast time so it much easier to interrupt,

You showed me an example from ranger. Now try with other classes.

Also having a 3/4 cast time should not be considered a channelling skill and thus the skill queue. At least it doesn't work that way in other classes. 

Edited by anduriell.6280

12 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

You showed me an example from ranger. Now try with other classes.

Also having a 3/4 cast time should not be considered a channelling skill and thus the skill queue. At least it doesn't work that way in other classes. 

It does but if you que to many skills (Only one skill can be queued at a time) the last skills will be cut off, this also puts them short cooldown(3 seconds).

So I guess if I was to give an example its lets say you spam 1, then you Splitblade and follow it up with Winter's Bite all while still spamming 1. The only skill that will activate correctly is Winter's Bite since you interrupted Splitblade with (spamming 1) Ricochet.
For Soulbeast this was not much a problem since you waited for the full cooldown of Splitblade but for Untamed is on a 2 second cooldown.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1