New PC Game Crashing

Ok I am seriously thinking in selling my brand new Gaming PC cheap to get a new one in a desperate attempt to be able to play the game.

Before that I would like to know if this is an issue with windows 11. Everything was working perfectly fine during DXbeta, and it would be infuriating if I replace the entire thing to find the same isssue since new PC = windows 11 again. At the moment the shutting down is gone etc. But I keep having random crashing with the send report option. I can be doing a massive event or just standing in my home isntance and it would just randomly crash it is so bad that I have been unnable to complete a single world boss successfully for more than a month and I am afraid to join PvP afraid to leave my teammates mid match. This only happens with GW2.

I can barely play the game at this point and it even cross my mind to retire from the game because of this technical issue after been playing since GW1. I cant solve the issue because I dont know what the issue is or how to find out and I cant take it to a technician because he would have to play GW2 to replicate the issue. >.>

1 minute ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Have you tried the Windows repair options I posted earlier by now?

Ok just did step 1

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

should I do something about this before #2?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Runecrest.8940 said:

should I do something about this before #2?

I would proceed with the next step first. You can always run another SFC scan when you are done with the next steps to ensure there is no more issue.

Make sure you don't have any other programs running in the background while doing these steps.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I would proceed with the next step first. You can always run another SFC scan when you are done with the next steps to ensure there is no more issue.

Make sure you don't have any other programs running in the background while doing these steps.

Step #3

'Disk' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Runecrest.8940 said:

Step #3

'Disk' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Disk Cleanup is not a Command Prompt command. The guide tells you were to put that in order to find the program.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Don't forget to repeat Step #1 once you are done. Step#3 might take a while since you've probably never run a disk cleanup before.

Ok it is in the process of repairing client and then I am going to repeat step #1 as you said.

TY for your help and patience. Fingers crossed this works. I will know next time it crashes if it does.

Also, once you're done, make sure to update all your drivers (mainboard, graphics card) and to check temperatures as graphical glitches ("colors turned red") could be an indicator for overheating.

If there is a heat issue, you should (1) check your graphics card's manufacturer's website for any software that will allow you to regulate its fan speeds, and (2) take a look at your BIOS settings to see if you can adjust fan speeds there for your CPU and case fans.

Edit @confused reaction: Seriously, if you have a question then ask. Otherwise just beat it since you are obviously a tech noob.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Runecrest.8940 said:

2 crashes since reset 30 min ago. Just set frame limiter to 60 to see if it helps.

Normal crash with option to send report.

What was the frame limiter set to originally? Are you still experiencing the same number of crashes? 

Edited by Tazer.2157

Update

It is crashing a LOT less frequently after  the multi step fix, but still crashing sometimes. Specially during dragonstorm. Had 2 regular crashes and a 3rd one that reset the PC

I have been able to do a few world boss with no issue and Mordremoth Map a few times without issue, but had 2 during Mad King Says. Hard to tell what causes it, all I know is it WILL CRASH during Dragonstorm. Was able to get reward because since is a brand new modern PC it returns fast to the game. But OMG it trully ruins the experience.

1 hour ago, Runecrest.8940 said:

Update

It is crashing a LOT less frequently after  the multi step fix, but still crashing sometimes. Specially during dragonstorm. Had 2 regular crashes and a 3rd one that reset the PC

Are you getting an error message now, and if so, what does it say?

Also, have you checked whether your graphics vcard is overheating?

Are all your drivers up-to-date?

• Confused 2

20 hours ago, Runecrest.8940 said:

Update

It is crashing a LOT less frequently after the multi step fix, but still crashing sometimes. Specially during Dragonstorm. Had 2 regular crashes and a 3rd one that reset the PC

I have been able to do a few world boss with no issue and Mordremoth Map a few times without issue, but had 2 during Mad King Says. Hard to tell what causes it, all I know is it WILL CRASH during Dragonstorm. Was able to get reward because since is a brand new modern PC it returns fast to the game. But OMG it trully ruins the experience.

Just out of curiosity, is your GPU using a vertical mount/using a PCIE riser?

I dont know if this will help in anyway. But after the last windows update (i think it was on 10/11) i get the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).... A LOT!  The funny thing is this only happens in Large WvW Zerg fights or heavily populated PVE areas like META Events. I kept getting Memory related BSOD's. Ive run memory tests and Userbenchmark tests and all have past with flying colors. My PC is more than capable of running the game. Its ran fine for years till recently. This is a recent issue. I have tried to roll back the latest windows driver and that didnt seem to help. I then launched GW2 from GW2Launchbuddy and it seems to run smoother for some reason. I am BEYOND baffled at this issue. I have yet to get into a big WvW fight using Launchbuddy.  Hope to test that this afternoon and I will let you all know if that resolves the issue.