New PC Game Crashing

Had this issue for some time now. Started playing the game in a new stronger PC and I am getting random crashing. Last one was the worst. Colors turned in a shade of red and complete freeze. 1st time I had to force shut down the new PC. i would like to know if anyone else is having this issue since I have no idea what could be causing it. I am using the New windows, maybe that? or the graphic card? Once GW2 told me that was an issue but it mostly just crash so I dont know it it was an issue just THAT time. A few times it went in the same shade of red and restarted the PC. I was thinking it was a random computer update but now Im not so sure. last 2 were during dragonstorm, one after the other. Crashedm joined a different instance and crashed again almost at the same stage of the fight. (After second break bar)

On 9/8/2022 at 3:38 AM, Runecrest.8940 said:

Had this issue for some time now. Started playing the game in a new stronger PC and I am getting random crashing. Last one was the worst. Colors turned in a shade of red and complete freeze. 1st time I had to force shut down the new PC.

Your graphics card is likely overheating and will soon be rubbish if you don't install a program to regulate fan speeds.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

8 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Your graphics card is likely overheating and will soon be rubbish if you don't install a program to regulate fan speeds.

I will look for solutions to this and see if it helps. I was not expecting this kind of issues with a brand new PC -_-

I can be sure is not New Windows related?

It could be gpu related (drivers maybe) were just guessing not knowing any of ur pc specs, it's a new pre built u should honestly get tech help from the ppl that built the system, better still start learning how ur pc works, u will be surprised its not to difficult and there's a huge amount of information out there, it could be a dx11 issue, but I've not had any issues with it.

Pre built pc "shivers" depending where its pre built.

5 hours ago, Runecrest.8940 said:

I will look for solutions to this and see if it helps. I was not expecting this kind of issues with a brand new PC -_-

This sort of issue is a general one that is unrelated to the age of your hardware. You as a user are responsible to ensure your hardware doesn't overheat.

There are tools to regulate GPU fan speeds, so check your GPU's manufacturer's website for this (if you find no such program there, I am certain there are 3rd party solutions, but be wary to not download any malware).

If you are using a laptop, however, nothing can help you as laptops are prone to overheat while gaming. I think there are external cooling solutions for laptops, but I have no experience with those.

5 hours ago, Runecrest.8940 said:

I can be sure is not New Windows related?

You can check your hardware temperatures with a variety of programs. For a simple and safe solution, install Speccy and see what temperature your GPU reaches when you play GW2.

In addition, you can limit the FPS in-game by setting them to 60, which also reduces heat. The higher a game's performance, the more workload for your graphics card and the more heat it produces.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 3

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: I have been keeping track of the temp and it is not the issue.

Note that at the start it was just crashing the game with the option to send the report to ANet, and then started turning off the computer like if you unplug a tv. No blue screen no nothing before restarting.

I updated some drivers  and the PC, not it returned to just crashing the game alone. (For Now)

I am afraid to take it to a technician because the crash only happens while playing GW2. 

Not sure if it might help fint the issue but this was the error log 

*--> Error Logs <--*
 'mainsystem02' not found.
02:23:07Z Model '0x1af0d3': LightningSetActionPoints: lightning 'mainsystem01' not found.
02:23:10Z End coordinate of emitter scan request is NaN or Inf.
02:23:15Z Couldn't find projectile effect for skill 'xYDfZ.f0qXr'
02:23:16Z End coordinate of emitter scan request is NaN or Inf.
02:23:24Z Model '0x1af0d3': LightningSetActionPoints: lightning 'mainsystem' not found.
02:23:24Z Model '0x1af0d3': LightningSetActionPoints: lightning 'mainsystem02' not found.
02:23:24Z Model '0x1af0d3': LightningSetActionPoints: lightning 'mainsystem01' not found.
02:23:26Z Couldn't find projectile effect for skill 'KU1Ai.X2eL+'
02:23:30Z Couldn't find projectile effect for skill 'xYDfZ.f0qXr'
02:23:43Z Couldn't find projectile effect for skill 'xYDfZ.f0qXr'
02:23:43Z Model '0x1af0d3': LightningSetActionPoints: lightning 'mainsystem' not found.
02:23:43Z Model '0x1af0d3': LightningSetActionPoints: lightning 'mainsystem02' not found.
02:23:43Z Model '0x1af0d3': LightningSetActionPoints: lightning 'mainsystem01' not found.
02:23:49Z Couldn't find projectile effect for skill 'KU1Ai.X2eL+'
02:23:53Z Model '0x1af0d3': LightningSetActionPoints: lightning 'mainsystem' not found.
02:23:53Z Model '0x1af0d3': LightningSetActionPoints: lightning 'mainsystem02' not found.
02:23:53Z Model '0x1af0d3': LightningSetActionPoints: lightning 'mainsystem01' not found.
02:23:54Z Couldn't find projectile effect for skill 'xYDfZ.f0qXr'
02:23:55Z Model '0x079941': Permutation 'default' not found, auto selecting permutation
02:24:03Z Model '0x1af0d3': LightningSetActionPoints: lightning 'mainsystem' not found.
02:24:03Z Model '0x1af0d3': LightningSetActionPoints: lightning 'mainsystem02' not found.
02:24:03Z Model '0x1af0d3': LightningSetActionPoints: lightning 'mainsystem01' not found.
02:24:08Z Model '0x079941': Permutation 'default' not found, auto selecting permutation
02:24:11Z Couldn't find projectile effect for skill 'xYDfZ.f0qXr'
02:24:14Z Couldn't find projectile effect for skill 'KU1Ai.X2eL+'
Crashed at 02:24:18Z

It is not related to using the new Windows, myself and a lot of others use Windows 11 and I don't have random crashes unless its on Anet's servers. In case you are unaware GW2 is build off engines created for Guild Wars 1 making them nearly 20 years old so the coding is a mess. Crashes happen often for everyone during festivals and there is nothing you can do about it because its the servers. I get a random crash here and there but not consistently like what you are describing. However, I've had friends, at least 3 different friends at different times over the last 5 years who could not stay connected to GW2 no matter what they tried. It was not their internet even though that's what Anet said. They could play every single other game they have just fine.
Seems to be a way of life in GW2 now to just accept the crashes and issues sadly. 
I hope you can find a solution for your crashes though!

• Confused 1

If it is a new PC, you might want to check and make sure windows update settings are on check for updates but let me choose when to install them because updates installing while playing a game can cause issues and make sure that settings are not set to shut down computer after installation of updates.  Also make sure graphics card is up to date.  and just a note both Nivida and windows 11 had major updates this week. And also, might want to have power supply checked if nothing else works. I bought a $2000.00 computer last year and the first night I used it was during the mad king Simmon says Halloween event I would play a few minutes and it would shut down since I just bought it new, I contacted best buy the place I bought it from, and they sent a replacement and took the bad one back and that is what was wrong with it.  It had a faulty power supply. The replacement is what I am on now and works like a champ no issues at all.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zaviamoon.4569 said:

If it is a new PC, you might want to check and make sure windows update settings are on check for updates but let me choose when to install them because updates installing while playing a game can cause issues and make sure that settings are not set to shut down computer after installation of updates.  Also make sure graphics card is up to date.  and just a note both Nivida and windows 11 had major updates this week. And also, might want to have power supply checked if nothing else works. I bought a $2000.00 computer last year and the first night I used it was during the mad king Simmon says Halloween event I would play a few minutes and it would shut down since I just bought it new, I contacted best buy the place I bought it from, and they sent a replacement and took the bad one back and that is what was wrong with it.  It had a faulty power supply. The replacement is what I am on now and works like a champ no issues at all.

This was my also my friend's recomendation. Waiting for my free day to go buy a new power supply. Fingers cross that is the issue. I am not very computer savvy, so these issues are really stressing.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Runecrest.8940 said:

This was my also my friend's recomendation. Waiting for my free day to go buy a new power supply. Fingers cross that is the issue. I am not very computer savvy, so these issues are really stressing.

Also might want to check your power settings. Got a new PC this year as well with a higher end graphics card and suddenly was running into video issues here and elsewhere. After doing some research found there was an issue with the video card performance if you left the default power as balanced as it wasn't able to draw what it needed. Tried switching to high performance and afterwards issue pretty much went away. Might not be the case for you but might be worth some Googling based on your card. Hope that helps.

4 hours ago, Runecrest.8940 said:

If it is a new PC, is it not under warranty?  If so, no need for you to buy a new power supply.

Have you discussed the issue with the Tech CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below?

I am in the process of getting a new Power supply but Im worried the issue might be something else. Last crash was just standing in Divinity reach. very few ppl around. This is the last bit of the error log

22:45:57Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x011f2e
22:45:57Z Texture missing mip chain: 0x011f30
22:46:15Z Model '0x123674': Permutation 'boworange' not found, auto selecting permutation
22:46:40Z Couldn't find projectile effect for skill 'my6yp.Tq2bq'
22:47:50Z Couldn't find projectile effect for skill 'my6yp.Tq2bq'
Crashed at 22:48:26Z

Edited by Runecrest.8940

2 hours ago, Runecrest.8940 said:

Since it is Only doing it with GW2 I did steps 4-5-6. After deleting the entire folder and re-installing the full game fresh from installer.

Lets see how it goes.

just cause an issue only surfaces with a specific program, doesn't mean it is related to that program. So I strongly recommend doing all steps.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Runecrest.8940 said:

Since it is Only doing it with GW2 I did steps 4-5-6. After deleting the entire folder and re-installing the full game fresh from installer.

Lets see how it goes.

It could very well also be RAM configs.  All the most recent DDR4 platforms only officially support up to 3200MHz DDR4, and although the chances are very high you can run at 3600MHz you are only guaranteed 3200MHz.  Check Task Manager to see what speeds your RAM (Memory) is running at.

Small Update

Tried changing the window to full screen and play with dx9

Still crashing but it is a frozen screen instead. To be able to see anything in the PC it forces me to log-off or restart etc. Not sure if this might help see what the issue is?

Game was running perfectly during dx beta if I remember correctly.

On 10/4/2022 at 5:43 AM, Tazer.2157 said:

What are your in game  graphic settings, your PC setup (Processor and Graphic card)  and what other game do you play and not experience these issues?

This is exactly what I have

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-tracemr-gaming-desktop-intel-i7-12700kf-16gb-ddr4-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-1tb-nvme-ssd-black/6500566.p?skuId=6500566#&intl=nosplash

As for games at the moment. Mostly Moded Skyrim, Code Vein, Sims 4, and Genshin Impact

Edited by Runecrest.8940
add