Error with some db wiki queries

The wiki is throwing giberish when asked for some info, exmaple:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zehtuka's_Harrier_Inscription

Contained in

{{#ask: Contains item::Zehtuka's Harrier Inscription | mainlabel = - | ?Contained in | ?Contained in.Has game icon | ?Contained in.Has canonical name | ?Contained in.Has availability | ?Has contained item chance | ?Has contained item quantity | intro = <div class="smw-ul-columns" style="column-count: Expression error: Unrecognized punctuation character "{".">

| outro =

| format = ul | template = Contained in/result format | link = none | limit = 250 | sort = Contained in.Has availability, Contained in.Has canonical name | default = This item is not contained in any container. }}

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Nymthalas.4019 said:

The wiki is throwing giberish when asked for some info, exmaple:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zehtuka's_Harrier_Inscription

Contained in

{{#ask: Contains item::Zehtuka's Harrier Inscription | mainlabel = - | ?Contained in | ?Contained in.Has game icon | ?Contained in.Has canonical name | ?Contained in.Has availability | ?Has contained item chance | ?Has contained item quantity | intro = <div class="smw-ul-columns" style="column-count: Expression error: Unrecognized punctuation character "{".">

| outro =

| format = ul | template = Contained in/result format | link = none | limit = 250 | sort = Contained in.Has availability, Contained in.Has canonical name | default = This item is not contained in any container. }}

This is because their site just updated and is having to cache all the data again. It isn't an issue on GW2's end.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

When can we expect pages to load correctly without errors and jiberish. 

The way it's behaving seems like something is broken.  Wouldn't all content come from hard-coded text or from API calls?  Any hard-coded text shouldn't have changed and anything t it's getting through API calls should be pulled each time the page is loaded.  What does it need to cache?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

While parts of the wiki seem to be working again, I'm still getting errors like "Expression error" or incorrect punctuation or missing operand.errors. The page "Zone" is just one example. So basically, it's still broke for me.

I never realized just how much I used the wiki, especially when bringing up a new character from scratch.

From the Wiki:

The MediaWiki software update has been applied, however the associated data rebuild is still in progress. Some pages will appear broken until the processing job queue is cleared (visible at Special:Statistics, and currently at 100k+ pages to process).
Update: This is taking longer than anticipated, bear with us. Please avoid editing pages in the "Template:" namespace in the meantime.

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2022 at 8:54 PM, Bollocks.4078 said:

Wouldn't all content come from hard-coded text or from API calls?  Any hard-coded text shouldn't have changed and anything t it's getting through API calls should be pulled each time the page is loaded.  What does it need to cache?  

You just excessively slowed down the loading time of every page, needlessly bog the API, and broke the wiki whenever the API is having an outage or performance issues.

You sure you do not want a cache?

Surely it wasn't expected to take this long and surely this could have been planned after a release patch, but it's there for a reason.

Edited by Ray Koopa.2354
  • Confused 1

I never said I don't want a cache.  I just don't see how caching explains the issues.  Caching is to make things faster but something that's not in the cache should still be accessible even if it is slower.  Are you saying that any info that's not cached is not accessible?  That wouldn't make much sense.  Is this a caching issue:

Error: No waypoint named "Observation Deck Waypoint" found. Check if it has been added to the area.

I know TP prices are pulled each time the pages are loaded.  I've seen times when TP prices are slower to populate if the API is slow or even fail to populate if the API call fails.

Since my first post in this thread a lot of the issues have cleared up but there are still plenty of issues remaining.  I've also seen some stuff that was working go back to not working but in a different way.

What Inculpatus cedo pointed out makes way more sense as an explanation for the issue. 

• Confused 1