Ghostbore and Foefire (One and the same)?

Alexander.5796

This has been a question I had since I reached the final levels in a character...are the Foefire or Ghostfire part of the Ghostbore Musket? They kinda feel the same and seem to share icons. Is the Ghostbore Musket magic of the ghosts themselves being turned against them? I feel the weapon is not simply blasting the ghosts apart but I could be wrong. So are they the same, are they different? Is the Ghostbore magic or it's just a gun?

The implication created in Orr story is that Ghostfire is from Ghostbore Musket tech, which has similar projectile animations and stated purposes (e.g., from Armor Guard: Ballista Geargrind: Bah! This ordnance puts down the Risen even faster than it erases ghosts. Destroys 'em permanently, too.). But there's nothing that explicitly confirms that such is connected, so we don't have solid explanation for how charr got access to Ghostfire shells/explosives.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

The implication created in Orr story is that Ghostfire is from Ghostbore Musket tech, which has similar projectile animations and stated purposes (e.g., from Armor Guard: Ballista Geargrind: Bah! This ordnance puts down the Risen even faster than it erases ghosts. Destroys 'em permanently, too.). But there's nothing that explicitly confirms that such is connected, so we don't have solid explanation for how charr got access to Ghostfire shells/explosives.

So...technically does it make sense if I wanna make an Iron Legion a Necromancer that they would ifnuse Foefire into their bullets and guns?

Essentially say I have a Charr Necromancer from the Iron Legion who is fascinated by Magic and Engineering and combines them both and mixes the Foefire into his bullets. Would that make sense or fit the Iron Legion first quest?

Edited by Alexander.5796

1 hour ago, Alexander.5796 said:

So...technically does it make sense if I wanna make an Iron Legion a Necromancer that they would ifnuse Foefire into their bullets and guns?

Essentially say I have a Charr Necromancer from the Iron Legion who is fascinated by Magic and Engineering and combines them both and mixes the Foefire into his bullets. Would that make sense or fit the Iron Legion first quest?

this kinda of "infusion" is pretty common in Gw2, so theres nothing to worring about lore breaking.

the major difference is that "nature" of Foefire ins't very clear if its like a "energy" that can be stored in "batteries" like dragon magic or bloodstone magic, or if its just a "flame".(at least i can't remember)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alexander.5796 said:

You wouldn't really be able to use the foefire into bullets, but you could use necromancer magics and such. That's basically the lore of the harbringer as well, using magically charged bullets and tonics.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

You wouldn't really be able to use the foefire into bullets, but you could use necromancer magics and such. That's basically the lore of the harbringer as well, using magically charged bullets and tonics.

So, I can actually play an Iron Legion Necro that tinkers with bone metal and flesh for different purpose and make it work in the RP and fit with the story?

8 hours ago, Alexander.5796 said:

So, I can actually play an Iron Legion Necro that tinkers with bone metal and flesh for different purpose and make it work in the RP and fit with the story?

Any class-race-background can work in GW2. Iron legion has spellcasters as well as engineers and warriors.

The way the lore is setup, you can be whatever race, whatever class, and whatever background. The charr legions use all the classes, though some may be not as common as others in a legion.

Edited by Kalavier.1097
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Alexander.5796 said:

12 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

That seems to be what ghostfire is, whether or not it is tied to the Ghostbore Musket. At the very least, the Foefire is used as ammunition.

15 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

this kinda of "infusion" is pretty common in Gw2, so theres nothing to worring about lore breaking.

the major difference is that "nature" of Foefire ins't very clear if its like a "energy" that can be stored in "batteries" like dragon magic or bloodstone magic, or if its just a "flame".(at least i can't remember)

Well at the very least, the "nature" of Foefire allows it to be stored as ammunition given ghostfire from Orr. No clue about other power source stuff though, but if Canthans can take corruptive dragon magic and make it a power source via jade, and asura can do similar with souls via power crystals, then it would theoretically be possible to do the same with Foefire with the proper conductor.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

That seems to be what ghostfire is, whether or not it is tied to the Ghostbore Musket. At the very least, the Foefire is used as ammunition.

Well at the very least, the "nature" of Foefire allows it to be stored as ammunition given ghostfire from Orr. No clue about other power source stuff though, but if Canthans can take corruptive dragon magic and make it a power source via jade, and asura can do similar with souls via power crystals, then it would theoretically be possible to do the same with Foefire with the proper conductor.

Can you explain to me the Soul Part for Golems? How does that one work? Do all Golems use souls or some use normal magical energy? In the Asura intro we see an Asura making golems with just magics, is this actually possible in the lore?

Edited by Alexander.5796

39 minutes ago, Alexander.5796 said:

Can you explain to me the Soul Part for Golems? How does that one work? Do all Golems use souls or some use normal magical energy? In the Asura intro we see an Asura making golems with just magics, is this actually possible in the lore?

Most golems are using normal power crystals, but some golems were powered using souls as a power source; some were also powered with djinn as a power source. Our earliest example of this is implied to be jade constructs used by mursaat, but among the asura golems, the Inquest we known to use souls to power golems though Oola did it first with her own soul. The lowest level of this is seen in one of the early asura story, where we go into The Funhouse and there's a brief cinematic where we can see souls enter the golems; in Mount Maelstrom we have an event where Inquest are trying to use sylvari souls for similar experiments, and in Season 2 flashback, non-Inquest asura do similar for sylvari.

• Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Most golems are using normal power crystals, but some golems were powered using souls as a power source; some were also powered with djinn as a power source. Our earliest example of this is implied to be jade constructs used by mursaat, but among the asura golems, the Inquest we known to use souls to power golems though Oola did it first with her own soul. The lowest level of this is seen in one of the early asura story, where we go into The Funhouse and there's a brief cinematic where we can see souls enter the golems; in Mount Maelstrom we have an event where Inquest are trying to use sylvari souls for similar experiments, and in Season 2 flashback, non-Inquest asura do similar for sylvari.

Now, say, my Charr was inspired by Oola’s stories to mix magic and technology, we know player necromancers don’t use souls. So logic dictates they aren’t against typical Necromancy being used with Tech. Does that make sense?

Edited by Alexander.5796

On 9/14/2022 at 3:59 PM, Alexander.5796 said:

Now, say, my Charr was inspired by Oola’s stories to mix magic and technology, we know player necromancers don’t use souls. So logic dictates they aren’t against typical Necromancy being used with Tech. Does that make sense?

Well, aside from the soul as power source bit, Oola didn't mix necromancy and golemancy. Golemancy itself is a mix of magic and technology by default - all "asuratech" arguably is.

Several asura did mix bone into golems, which originally were made with a mixture of stone and vegetation. The most notable ones are Zinn (who used Saurian bones as conduits - and we use this same process in HoT when repairing the Exalted's borrowed-from-Novus(aka Zinn)'s magitech) and Blimm, who created the Golem's Eye that creates a golem out of nearby corpses.

Your charr is basically mimicking asura in general if it's just augmenting steel with bones and generic magic.

• Thanks 1