[bug] Skiff - series of bugs

Hesione.9412

Seitung, IP 116

Bug was not present before levianthan event, in which I participated.

Initial bug: when next to a fishing hole with the long side of the skiff next to it, upon anchoring the skiff is angled so that the bow points into the fishing hole.

Subsequent bugs: skiff jittering back and forth on the spot.

Current bug: skiff at rest, cannot anchor. Error shown: You cannot anchor a skiff while moving.

Changed skiff skin to default, removed and then called back skiff.

Skifff moved below the water and then up again. Managed to anchor, again had side next to fishing hole. Skiff was then positioned so that the stern was in the fishing hole.

Edited by Hesione.9412
updated wth more nfo.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...

Bug repeated in Seitung. Two of us had it. It was first indicated as we both watched an offshore fishing hole drift away from the both of us. Then our skiffs wouldn't move. So I disembarked, and so did they, and the result was that our characters shuddered back and forth. Tried to get the skiff back, but couldn't. Relogging fixed it.

This happened after we had participated in the Leviathan event. So bug related to fishing after killing the leviathan?

Edited by Hesione.9412
Added more information
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...

Posting here because it's related to skiff bugs;

Upon anchoring, sometimes I'm dismounted *inside* the skiff. Not on the skiff as expected but inside the model.
Upon anchoring, sometimes I'm dismounted *below* the skiff in the water.

These don't seem to be tied to any skin. They've happened to me on the base Fishing Skiff skin, the Shing Jea Dragon Boat, the Jade Tech Skiff and the Crescent Canoe. 

• Sad 1

It's happening again, after killing the leviathan in Seitung. My skiff started moving away from the offshore fishing hole. I started moving the skiff away, went to another fishing hole. I cannot anchor the skiff because "You cannot anchor a skiff while moving". I'm not moving.

Related, the skiff was jittering from side to side when I stopped, before I tried to anchor and afterwards. It has stopped jittering now.

IP 131.

Please fix this bug.

And again, today,. after killing the leviathan in Seitung. Got back onto skiff, came to an offshore fishing hole, and cannot anchor the skiff  "You cannot anchor a skiff while moving".

Also got the jittering back and forth.

IP 171

I don't know if this is related to me using underwater skills when attacking the leviathan, rather than standing on it and using ground weapons/skills.

Oh, I remember this behaviour. It also happened to me, months ago. It only happened twice and I never understood how to reproduce it, but I can say at least that it's a bug that was already present shortly after the release (maybe it's worse now, but it's definitely not new).

Edited by Urud.4925
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 12:54 AM, Hesione.9412 said:

Seitung, IP 116

Bug was not present before levianthan event, in which I participated.

Subsequent bugs: skiff jittering back and forth on the spot.

Current bug: skiff at rest, cannot anchor. Error shown: You cannot anchor a skiff while moving.

Changed skiff skin to default, removed and then called back skiff.

Skifff moved below the water and then up again. Managed to anchor, again had side next to fishing hole. Skiff was then positioned so that the stern was in the fishing hole.

This bug seems to occur anytime you have the skiff anchored and and an in-game object forces the skiff to move. Attackable npcs such as the Leviathan and non-attackable npcs such as the Olmakhan cub in Sandswept Isles (who rides around in the canoe) will cause this to happen; the quickest fix I've found is to 'dismount' your skiff, summon your skimmer, then dismount skimmer and re-summon your skiff. If that doesn't rectify the problem, sometimes running onto land and then getting back in the water before summoning your skiff should fix it.

Another 'bug' that I seem to encounter all the time now is the skiff's health bar does not show up when attacked/taking damage on certain skiff skins. I don't have access to every skiff skin, but can confirm that the Jade Tech skiff skin and the Wolf Raider skiff skin are both affected by this issue while the Winged Reverie skiff skin is not.

• Like 1

Please fix this skiff bug. It's always associated with the leviathan. I tend to go underwater when fighting, so maybe it's something to do with that, rather than riding on the top of the leviathan.

It's been 5 months since I first reported this bug and I am getting it daily. (I only do the leviathan once a day, while waiting on the meta.)

Today's finding: I purposely got on my skimmer first, after finishing the leviathan. Then, when I went onto my skiff (straight from skimmer, still in same place in the water) the problem didn't occur. This seems to be a problem specific to the leviathan-and-then-skiff combination.

Surely this is enough information now to narrow down the bug?

• 3 weeks later...

Another bug I'm encountering quite often: When I'm using the Wolf Raider skiff and leave the skiff to engage an enemy in the water, after I've killed the enemy, I have a VERY HARD time getting back into the skiff. The "board" option does not register 95% of the time and the only way to board the skiff from the water is to mount up on my skimmer and hover above the skiff, dismount and drop onto the deck of the skiff.