Mech Responsiveness

bethekey.8314

I don't play Mech often, but I don't recall its responsiveness being this bad before. The Melee options are straight unusable now. It took 3-4 seconds of me standing still spamming Sky Circus, on a Warrior clearly in range multiple times, before the Mech would follow the command. I should not have to tell the Mech to stop attacking to immediately use the skill wherever it is. I am also not lagging in this clip.

Has anyone else noticed this?

• Like 2

Melee mech is unusable against moving opponent or simply opponent using terrain.

The reason why the mech too some time to use sky circus is because the game consider the mech wasnt close enough to use so it kept trying to hunt the warrior. But because the warrior kept moving back and forth, the game considered the mech was never in position to use the skill properly.  Notice that the moment the warrior stopped moving a lot and was focusing on you, the mech was finally in range to trigger the skill.

But hey it is Mechanist so even if the AI is clunky and can be manipulated, it is fine because it is mechanist

Edited by Alcatraznc.3869
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Melee mech is unusable against moving opponent or simply opponent using terrain.

The reason why the mech too some time to use sky circus is because the game consider the mech wasnt close enough to use so it kept trying to hunt the warrior. But because the warrior kept moving back and forth, the game considered the mech was never in position to use the skill properly.  Notice that the moment the warrior stopped moving a lot and was focusing on you, the mech was finally in range to trigger the skill.

But hey it is Mechanist so even if the AI is clunky and can be manipulated, it is fine because it is mechanist

Was it always this bad though? It's ridiculous. I must have pressed the button 10 times in that timespan lol.

4 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Was it always this bad though? It's ridiculous. I must have pressed the button 10 times in that timespan lol.

Anet improved the responsiveness of the Mech in one of the first balance patch after EOD but it didnt changed much as far as melee mech is concerned.

The reason why it is never brought up is because people will mostly use the range arms which works much better than all the available melee arms