I'm pretty happy about the Hunter's Determination change

mrauls.6519

33 minutes ago, otto.5684 said:

I do not think it is that great. It is only useable in pvp. And the only elite that would heavily benefit from is FmW. It could be okay with the elite trap. Other that that it is better than nothing.

A step up from the 5 minute cooldown for sure, but I'm still failing to see a use case for it over a 10% damage mod or an improved f3. Their concerns over giving it damage (like the normal Fragments of Faith skill) are unwarranted, considering Dragon's Maw only has a 0.01 coefficient in competitive gamemodes...

Speaking of CC coefficients... most of the changes to the Guardian CC skills were so unwarranted. Dragon's Maw & Heaven's Palm are both elites, with HP being almost impossible to land in PvP as well. Banish at 0.01 is a large part of what is currently making hammer the pathetic weapon that it is (though it is incredibly funny that it now does 300x more damage in PvE compared to PvP). Then we have all the oddball skills like Hammer of Wisdom, Bane Signet, Blazing Edge, Heated Rebuke, Daring Challenge, and Heel Crack that were never overperforming in PvP and received no compensatory buffs to make up for the removed damage. The only Guardian CC skills I agreed with nerfing were Spear of Justice, Deflecting Shot, and Binding Blade, as the builds they belonged to are already quite oppressive.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cat.8975 said:

A step up from the 5 minute cooldown for sure, but I'm still failing to see a use case for it over a 10% damage mod or an improved f3. Their concerns over giving it damage (like the normal Fragments of Faith skill) are unwarranted, considering Dragon's Maw only has a 0.01 coefficient in competitive gamemodes...

Speaking of CC coefficients... most of the changes to the Guardian CC skills were so unwarranted. Dragon's Maw & Heaven's Palm are both elites, with HP being almost impossible to land in PvP as well. Banish at 0.01 is a large part of what is currently making hammer the pathetic weapon that it is (though it is incredibly funny that it now does 300x more damage in PvE compared to PvP). Then we have all the oddball skills like Hammer of Wisdom, Bane Signet, Blazing Edge, Heated Rebuke, Daring Challenge, and Heel Crack that were never overperforming in PvP and received no compensatory buffs to make up for the removed damage. The only Guardian CC skills I agreed with nerfing were Spear of Justice, Deflecting Shot, and Binding Blade, as the builds they belonged to are already quite oppressive.

With FmW that is quickness, aegis, stability and fury and aegis fragments with 30 sec CD. If this happened, back when DH was good, this would have been over powered. Now it is okay, but DH issue in spvp is significant lack of damage and 4 secs of quickness does nothing to solve the issue. 

Edited by otto.5684

5 hours ago, otto.5684 said:

With FmW that is quickness, aegis, stability and fury and aegis fragments with 30 sec CD. If this happened, back when DH was good, this would have been over powered. Now it is okay, but DH issue in spvp is significant lack of damage and 4 secs of quickness does nothing to solve the issue. 

The issue is that playing any sort of offensive Guardian build in PvP without RF is suicide. There's a reason Heaven's Palm and Dragon's Maw are garbage, and it's not just because they do no damage. I suppose you could play a supportive DH, but I don't think it'd be better than core any time soon.

Still no real reason a Zerk DH Longbow would choose Hunter's Determination over a free 10% damage buff that Zealot's Aggression gives. Any melee builds (and condi builds) would find HD more useful than ZA. Especially if you're already a guard that uses FmW (what others have already stated).

Not overly hyped about it but I'm glad Anet has this out-of-the-box thinking when it comes to a trait rework.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cat.8975 said:

The issue is that playing any sort of offensive Guardian build in PvP without RF is suicide. There's a reason Heaven's Palm and Dragon's Maw are garbage, and it's not just because they do no damage. I suppose you could play a supportive DH, but I don't think it'd be better than core any time soon.

In small encounters, theoretically, HD with FmW could provide better sustain, since it is far more spamable. It has to be tested though. Nevertheless, it wont make DH remotely viable in spvp.