How About Some Love For ArenaNet??

I love these posts when after Anet gets criticized for something some people will freak out and try to comfort Anet thinking if we're mean Anet will leave us like it was kindergarden.

Anet is not your friend. They are a company. They want money. We have money. Recently they made an attempt to go after that money in a very despicable way, we don't have to praise anyone for basically scolding us for "not understanding this bargain" (aka thinly veiled ripoff)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

once in a while u get these threads. of people trying to humanize A-net and my response will always be the same. they aren't like u and me. they are a company. yes people work in it but they get payed. they are aware that a company has customers. they are aware customers have complaints be they legit or not. money speaks. They see the bigger picture here, as should u. your complains provided they are legit will be beneficial to them.

A-net employees become like U and Me when they are not working at a job. but here everything is fair game provided u do not treaten them or do anything illegal.

@NotASmurf.1725 said:I love these posts when after Anet gets criticized for something some people will freak out and try to comfort Anet thinking if we're mean Anet will leave us like it was kindergarden.

Anet is not your friend. They are a company. They want money. We have money. Recently they made an attempt to go after that money in a very despicable way, we don't have to praise anyone for basically scolding us for "not understanding this bargain" (aka thinly veiled ripoff)

It's subjective, but many of those people "comforting" Anet IMO actually believe what they say as much as you do. Some of them may just have more class than some of the people posting toxic and hateful things. Criticism is fine as long as it is constructive. When it descends into name calling and hateful hysteria, it is not criticism but going off the rails.

@"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:once in a while u get these threads. of people trying to humanize A-net and my response will always be the same. they aren't like u and me. they are a company. yes people work in it but they get payed. they are aware that a company has customers. they are aware customers have complaints be they legit or not. money speaks. They see the bigger picture here, as should u. your complains provided they are legit will be beneficial to them.

A-net employees become like U and Me when they are not working at a job. but here everything is fair game provided u do not treaten them or do anything illegal.

I agree with you for the most part. However, the posts that any company takes seriously are those that offer mature and thoughtful criticism without telling the company how awful they are. You are 100% right that a company will gain a lot of info and perspective with criticism, but they rarely pay attention to people railing against them.

There is a phrase in retail that goes something like this: Businesses attract the customers they deserve. The human ego is a terrible thing and children these days are being taught they deserve everything for nothing at all. The darker side of capitalism is growing each day with that philosophy. Stay strong and stand your ground, Arenanet. The customers you deserve will stay and everyone else will either filter themselves out on their own accord or abandon their empty threats and fall in line.

@RavenRecoil.6103 said:I think the community over reacted with the Mount skins. I will buy all 30 mount skins.

That's great that you will be buying all 30 and of course that means you are happy. I didn't intend to buy a lot of skins before they released the gamble box - I only planned on buying a couple. Now that they are all locked in a gamble box except for 1 that I can't afford and don't like anyway, I have no way of getting the couple that I want. I'm certainly not going to gamble for them.

@nosleepdemon.1368 said:

@ovinnik.9216 said:Appreciate the devs as individuals, if you like. But do not make the mistake of sucking up to a company.

Eh speak for yourself, mine gave me a pay raise after my first year working there. Go Company!

He was talking as a customer, not an employee. Sucking up is often a good move if you are an employee. :)

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Stating a fact is elitist?

What do you believe keeps the game running? The cash they make off of base game and expansion sales?

I'll gladly turn this around in: lots of arguments showing how cheap people are seem entitled, and it's really exemplified right here.

Fact is people paid their share when they bought the game, friend. That and the expansions. This is the developer's cost and gamble when choosing to make an MMO free to play, and then it's quite literally their job to make content that entices players to invest more money--and keep the game running. Another fact, a lot of people aren't finding RNG boxes and the fees inherent to them enticing.

As for the elitism, well, that's coming from the fact that you're implying that others aren't paying their way by buying optional RNG boxes, unlike you, the implied superior player. Your further reply just reinforces it by calling everyone else cheap.

Archived