Rules

So, I got into a very heated discussion with a very aggressive forum member and in the end, he started messaging me and I decided to take a picture and show everyone that he was continuing to try and be mean to me. He saw it and messaged me that it's against the rules and that I cannot do it and should remove it immediately. I then asked him if he could help me find the rule he was talking about as I was having trouble finding it and he called me a troll and started telling me to stop talking to him (I think he is trolling me now?).

I just want to know what the rule is and whether or not I did what was allowed since he won't tell me. Thank you very much. 

Edited by ImBach.9013
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ImBach.9013 said:

So, I got into a very heated discussion with a very aggressive forum member and in the end, he started messaging me and I decided to take a picture and show everyone that he was continuing to try and be mean to me. He saw it and messaged me that it's against the rules and that I cannot do it and should remove it immediately. I then asked him if he could help me find the rule he was talking about as I was having trouble finding it and he called me a troll and started telling me to stop talking to him (I think he is trolling me now?).

I just want to know what the rule is and whether or not I did what was allowed since he won't tell me. Thank you very much. 

Well there is a rule against naming and shaming.

Not sure if it is enforced on private messeages on the forum tho.

Even if you get sanctioned for it it will be 1-2 points that will go away after awhile anyway bud.

Pretty sad he/she/it cant stand for what they type to you tho.

• Thanks 1

You may want to read the Forums CoC

Personal Attacks / Harassment / Naming and Shaming

• insults, verbal attacks, or ridicule directed towards forum members, players, guilds, teams, game worlds/servers, or groups of people
  • insults, verbal attacks, or ridicule directed towards ArenaNet, ArenaNet employees, or ArenaNet teams
  • exposure of a player by name or screenshot in an attempt to prompt moderator or GM action
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You can report things like that directly to the moderators. On both PC and mobile there's a line of 3 dots to the right of every post, and private message and if you click on that one of the options is 'report'. If you use that it sends a notification to the moderators so they know there's a problem and can do something about it.

That's going to be more effective than posting publicly about it, because it guarentees the moderators will know and no one else can do anything about it.

• Thanks 1