Hypothetical Poll - How long should it take to craft a set of Open World Legendary Armor?

A Hamster.2580

Time gate for hypothetical open world legendary armor  

130 members have voted

1. 1. How long should a set of open world legendary armor take at the absolute minimum? Please read the assumptions and notes in the post below this poll before voting!

• There should not be any open world legendary armor!
    • The open world legendary armor should take 0-5 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 5-7 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 7-9 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 9-11 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 11-13 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 13-15 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 15-17 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 17-19 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 19-21 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 21-23 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 23-25 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 25-27 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 27-29 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 29-31 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 31-33 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 33-35 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 35-37 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take 37-39 weeks minimum.
    • The open world legendary armor should take more than 39 weeks minimum.

10 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Why should any player care about the reasons they're being treated, in their minds, unfairly.  Sure there's a logical reason PvPers and WvWers can play laughably bad, lose every game and still get their legendary armor.  You can get legendary armor in PvP without winning a single game. Just show up.  At the end of the day, that's unfair no matter what the reason is.

And similarly to your question: why should anyone care about someone subjectively and mostly baselessly feeling -by your own words- in their minds unfairly? If I think it's unfair you don't give me money, does it hold any merit just because of my feelings? No, it doesn't. You're free to feel whatever you feel, I am free to feel whatever I feel and so are they. But feelings aren't facts and all you can do is explain why it indeed is ok despite the whatever feelings.

Yes, the differences in reward disctribution between co-op and competitive modes is rather obvious and was already explained. Which part of that was not understandable for you?

Also news flash: pvp/wvw players don't suddenly and magically spawn in that content. A lot of them also play pve if they want to get something from pve (or even if they don't).

10 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

You can write a whole page, or two whole pages or ten whole pages, but if people are not happy with the game and play less or buy less or even leave, I'd say that's a problem.  YMMV.

Again with the "give me what I want or the players will leave!", what a bored and empty fearmongering attempt. If it ever worked, hopefully it stopped a day after it was first written in an attempt to leverage rewards.

...or to put it in similar words you've used here: you can write a whole page or two, you can keep repeating that you or the players will quit due to not getting legendaries, but they won't. If they really will for that reason, crafting legendaries won't hold them in the game anyways.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

21 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I think that the legendary armory gave legendary armor a purpose that serves anybody with many alts, whether you are a PvP/WvW/Raider or not.

Indeed.  Basically the only way to not benefit from Legendary Armour in Open World is to have every single character fully geared up, for every build you want to use, and have those builds never be impacted by a balance update or new release, and also never want to experiment with a new build.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3