Suggestion: make DBS invulnerable while riftstalkers are up

evlover.6270

It's pretty obvious that Death-Branded Shatterer in Jahai Bluffs isn't working as intended anymore since a long time. The Kralkatorrik's Intervention stacks from riftstalkers that are healing him while the stalkers are up are not enough anymore to force people to kill the stalkers. Instead of moving at 75-50-25% to kill the riftstalkers, full squads can just stay on the boss and ignore all the stalkers. It's been like that for a long time now and people can do things the way they like, but yesterday when I saw someone make a comment about why they weren't killing the stalkers, the guy got annihilated in the chat for his audacity to suggest to do the event the way it was intended. People are always going to go for the easiest/laziest way to do things, so protect people from themselves and just give DBS a real immunity buff against all damage from the moment any riftstalker is up until the last one of them is killed so everyone is forced to go for the riftstalkers.

For the ones that are going to roast me for daring to make a suggestion like this in fear of them missing out on the next meta boss: the two minutes you would lose from killing the stalkers aren't going to make you miss out any other boss. Most of the time it's DBS-private dragonstorm-seitung so even with an extra 2mins on DBS, you'll still make it to seitung with doing a dragonstorm in between. It's not a matter of missing out on loot, it's a matter of just dps'ing straight through a mechanic that was supposed to prevent that. Cheers.

Edited by evlover.6270
typo
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Well Im fine if the group ignores the riftstalkers if they have the dps for it. What is frustrating when the group cant kill it but still just mindlessly whacks the foot while the DBS health is going up and there is like 5 players that does the stalkers. You end up prolonging the fight and get less loot (bags from stalkers).

Its actually strange to me that ignore the stalkers meta came up as they are champs that drop loot. Usually you want to tag as much champs as possible in such events.

• Like 4

I'm sorry OP, but I really don't see you getting what you want in this regard.  I don't want someone else dictating how I play, and I suspect a lot of other players don't, either.  And it appears that ANet(at this point) doesn't believe that the event needs to be altered. 

You could make an LFG for doing the meta "The Proper Way", but I don't know that you'd get the participation that you'd need to complete the event.  You might try to recruit participants from raid/strike guilds and groups, as those players place high value on properly completing mechanics.

And wouldn't the event go faster if players took out the stalkers?(eliminating the healing that they provide)  If that's true you might try to work that angle.

• Confused 4

4 hours ago, evlover.6270 said:

It's pretty obvious that Death-Branded Shatterer in Jahai Bluffs isn't working as intended anymore since a long time. The Kralkatorrik's Intervention stacks from riftstalkers that are healing him while the stalkers are up or not enough anymore to force people to kill the stalkers. Instead of moving at 75-50-25% to kill the riftstalkers, full squads can just stay on the boss and ignore all the stalkers. It's been like that for a long time now and people can do things the way they like, but yesterday when I saw someone make a comment about why they weren't killing the stalkers, the guy got annihilated in the chat for his audacity to suggest to do the event the way it was intended. People are always going to go for the easiest/laziest way to do things, so protect people from themselves and just give DBS a real immunity buff against all damage from the moment any riftstalker is up until the last one of them is killed so everyone is forced to go for the riftstalkers.

For the ones that are going to roast me for daring to make a suggestion like this in fear of them missing out on the next meta boss: the two minutes you would lose from killing the stalkers aren't going to make you miss out any other boss. Most of the time it's DBS-private dragonstorm-seitung so even with an extra 2mins on DBS, you'll still make it to seitung with doing a dragonstorm in between. It's not a matter of missing out on loot, it's a matter of just dps'ing straight through a mechanic that was supposed to prevent that. Cheers.

True, seems like another victim of power creep, could use some fixing.

4 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Well Im fine if the group ignores the riftstalkers if they have the dps for it. What is frustrating when the group cant kill it but still just mindlessly whacks the foot while the DBS health is going up and there is like 5 players that does the stalkers. You end up prolonging the fight and get less loot (bags from stalkers).

I could maybe agree with it (but still not necessarily) except currently -and correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm not religiously going for DBS- it seems like "having enough dps" to skip that mechanic seems like a default outcome? Or were my groups just accidentally stronger than they usually are? (0 structured subgroups, it was basically everyone standing in one place and dpsing)

4 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Its actually strange to me that ignore the stalkers meta came up as they are champs that drop loot. Usually you want to tag as much champs as possible in such events.

My theory about it is that despite some people trying to claim infusions don't influence player activity in events, it's one of those times where the groups usually don't aim at side-champ loot, but instead just go for the main valuable low-chance drop asap. Maybe it varies between the squads.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Their defense is that they're just there for the infusion yeah, and they want to kill it asap to move onto the next boss. But it doesn't make sense since all the meta's are on fixed timers so you have to wait for the next one anyway, even if you do a dragonstorm in between you can just join in on a fresh seitung meta. The few extra mins it takes to kill the riftstalkers doesn't make them miss out on anything. If they'd go for the stalkers and have bought the map's karma buff, you can easily get 10k karma by tagging trash mobs along with the champ bags. But they're blinded by the shiny carrot, being the infusion, that most of them will never get.

But tbh I didn't make this because of people missing out on loot or wanting extra loot from the stalkers. What concerned me is that people are getting shut down (wasn't the 1st time it happened) for suggesting to do an event the way it was intended, while he actually made a fair point. Any time I join for DBS after reset, it's always a straight burn without going for stalkers because that's just the way DBS is being done now. I stopped caring about it long ago since I know for 99% certainty that it's not going to be changed anyway, even though I liked the event more when people went after the stalkers. But that doesn't give people the right to straight up bully people who ask a genuine question which is in fact the most profitable way to do the event.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Maybe:

- Any kind of farm train would tend to attract players who prize efficiency over gameplay experience 

- for whom the novelty of the mechanics has long passed away, if there ever was a sense of novelty

- and just wanna get it over and done with with min fuss, before going to the next checkpoint to vegetate

- a fraction of whom would be more vocal and inconsiderate about it.

Probably just continue what you've always been and will always be doing, defending such victims so they don't feel alone.

It's best to leave old metas themselves alone though. Based on their past, the fix may not achieve your hoped for outcome.