slick shoes vs blast gyro imbalance

Stalima.5490

I feel the ability super speed from slick shoes is too similar to the bybass coating from the scrappers blast gyro.

To iterate, Both skills are toolbelt skills, both skills are stun breaks and both skills provide super speed.

The only realistic difference is that bybass coating is aoe and has a higher cooldown.

In terms of balancing I do not believe that slick shoes and blast gyro are particularly balanced either, Slick shoes may be harder to avoid but it not only has up to double the cooldown but also provides nothing else where the blast gyro will grant a fire field and might to all nearby allies while being an explosion, with gadgeteer you get cripple and 8 seconds reduced cooldown on slick shoes but the blast gyro can also trait to get aoe superspeed.

Perhaps we require a looking into these abilities.

Edited by Stalima.5490

3 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Personally I think they need to revert the nerf to Slick Shoes that limited the number of knockdowns per target to 1, I see no reason it should be limited when there are plenty of other skills that function like Slick Shoes but do not have a knockdown limit.

slick shoes is also dodgeable, imagine if guardian walls only knocked once and could be dodged through completely negating them, if anything it should probably have some form of stability removal functionality as it makes the ground low friction.

Edited by Stalima.5490
  • Like 3

Slick shoes is core, so are you saying this is an opportunity for Anet to nerf the toolbelt skill to make it different? I can hear them rubbing their hands together already. 

Here's the truth: you have to actually move with slick shoes. And as the opinion has been of late for balance... No afk? No opinion.

One is a utility skill, that has the potential, to CC multiple enemies, since it's an AoE CC, with a toolbelt, that breaks stun, while giving superspeed, while the other one is a utility skill, that has the potential, to CC multiple enemies, since it's an AoE CC, with a toolbelt, that breaks stun, while giving superspeed. I don't see a problem here.