There should be mech skins in the gem store

andreiblue.8231

On 10/4/2022 at 12:54 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

No, a mech is like a ranger pet or necro minion.  Those aren't skinnable either and would most likely require a lot of work to make so.

let's be honest, both necro minions and ranger pets also need to have some customization options.

I hate how necro minions look.  They're terrible, low quality models that look like fleshrats.  I'd love it if they gave us some skeletons and zombies as skins for those minions.

• Like 3

On 10/4/2022 at 7:54 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

No, a mech is like a ranger pet or necro minion.  Those aren't skinnable either and would most likely require a lot of work to make so.

They explicitelly stated in the past that they didn't have a framework to make skins for "skill FX" which is why necro minions, engi turrets, kits, and so on had no skins. Ranger pets are already allowing to use different looking pets which is not that far much from a skin....

They have also explicitelly stated in Jade Bot review stream, that Jade bots are using "skill FX" (they have kind of boasted there how they made it for graphical optimizations and so on.

So if there are skins for Bots that use skill FX, framework to skin skill FX is already there, and it should not be much more effort to have that in.

And in case of mechs specifically they could just copy-paste a bit more of ranger UI.

(as for jade bot skins.... am I the only one pondering why all the jade bot skins so far are so ugly? 🤔)