Can someone tell me if the lesser utility goggles on Heal (tools trait) is making heal a stun break?

shion.2084

• 3 weeks later...

OMG. I just realized they removed the stun break. That was the only reason i was using that trait, to not constantly get pulled in wvw fight. They did the same on the soulbeast last trait ranger. Anet are so dumb.They ruin all the classes.
I wonder if they're doing this just to kitten people off.
Gonna play on my immortal minstrel clown bunker build who resists much more than this miserable firebrand.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

yeah, it kinda sucks, the main reason anyone even took that trait was for that stun break, in fact it was even critical to some builds.

Lmao. You mean the trait that went on full cd the moment you received a blind? It was legit a horseshit trait for pvp. If it only worked on stuns then maybe it was viable. The real purpose of this trait was to cheese jumping puzzles.

1 hour ago, Koensol.5860 said:

Lmao. You mean the trait that went on full cd the moment you received a blind? It was legit a horseshit trait for pvp. If it only worked on stuns then maybe it was viable. The real purpose of this trait was to cheese jumping puzzles.

you do know it gave resistance right? which means you could not be blind spammed while active, in such a situation you might aswell be dazed, the reason blind spam was worse is because you actually waste skills unlike with daze where  you can't waste them.

Furthermore, people who blind spam don't usually have a ton of cc and people with a ton of cc usually don't blind spam so the trait worked very well in all situations that were applicable.

Edited by Stalima.5490
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

you do know it gave resistance right? which means you could not be blind spammed while active, in such a situation you might aswell be dazed, the reason blind spam was worse is because you actually waste skills unlike with daze where  you can't waste them.

Furthermore, people who blind spam don't usually have a ton of cc and people with a ton of cc usually don't blind spam so the trait worked very well in all situations that were applicable.

You don't get the point. Literally any random kitten blind in a teamfight will put your passive on a 90 sec cd and give you a few measly seconds of resistance, when you might not even need it. That is neither reliable nor consistent. It would proc more often on a blind than on a cc, that should tell you enough. I prefer the current passive, because you will get the resistance exactpy when you want it. Combined with rune of the revenant you can get a nice duration on resistance, every 14 seconds if using med kit.

29 minutes ago, Koensol.5860 said:

You don't get the point. Literally any random kitten blind in a teamfight will put your passive on a 90 sec cd and give you a few measly seconds of resistance, when you might not even need it. That is neither reliable nor consistent. It would proc more often on a blind than on a cc, that should tell you enough. I prefer the current passive, because you will get the resistance exactpy when you want it. Combined with rune of the revenant you can get a nice duration on resistance, every 14 seconds if using med kit.

The auto proc version was simply superior as you can just use the rune of the revenant if you want the current version anyway, it simply added a very useful function for low stun break builds while the current version does next to nothing since you cannot even use the function when you actually need it and if you do then theres a good chance you are going to waste your healing skill on 90% health or waste the effect by using it at low health with no conditions on.

Edited by Stalima.5490
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

The auto proc version was simply superior as you can just use the rune of the revenant if you want the current version anyway, it simply added a very useful function for low stun break builds while the current version does next to nothing since you cannot even use the function when you actually need it and if you do then theres a good chance you are going to waste your healing skill on 90% health or waste the effect by using it at low health with no conditions on.

It didn't add a "very useful option" for low stunbreak builds. It wasn't reliable at all for reasons I mentioned before. And obviously you could run revenant rune before, but now you can combine it with the new passive and get a much longer duration resistance. And lmao how can you say that the new passive is inferior because "you cannot even use it when you need it"? It's literally the other way around. The old passive was unreliable and uncontrollable. Any random blind would have wasted your proc, whereas now you can use it whenever you want. Are you even reading what I'm typing? Also ofc you are not gonna pop ur heal at 100% health, but the resistance is hella useful when counterpressuring after your heal because you can't be blinded or weakened and it guarantees you a break free from roots. Literally you get much much more control with the new passive. The old one had a way too long cd as well.

3 hours ago, Koensol.5860 said:

It didn't add a "very useful option" for low stunbreak builds. It wasn't reliable at all for reasons I mentioned before. And obviously you could run revenant rune before, but now you can combine it with the new passive and get a much longer duration resistance. And lmao how can you say that the new passive is inferior because "you cannot even use it when you need it"? It's literally the other way around. The old passive was unreliable and uncontrollable. Any random blind would have wasted your proc, whereas now you can use it whenever you want. Are you even reading what I'm typing? Also ofc you are not gonna pop ur heal at 100% health, but the resistance is hella useful when counterpressuring after your heal because you can't be blinded or weakened and it guarantees you a break free from roots. Literally you get much much more control with the new passive. The old one had a way too long cd as well.

The proc was never wasted, it always activated on its cooldown when you got something that would prevent you from attacking your enemy.

It's ok saying "just a blind" but when your knockback now misses and allows the enemy to continue attacking you because that effect will not trigger to stop it, you feel the problem with the new version.

With the current version you might aswell just use static discharge since it will actually do something useful, to explain: elixir users generally have condi cleanse anyway, inventions users get removal on heal anyway and the med kit and AED have etheir own cleanses... By taking this trait you are taking something that is more or less already covered by any other option you will choose.

On 10/26/2022 at 1:39 AM, Stalima.5490 said:

The proc was never wasted, it always activated on its cooldown when you got something that would prevent you from attacking your enemy.

It's ok saying "just a blind" but when your knockback now misses and allows the enemy to continue attacking you because that effect will not trigger to stop it, you feel the problem with the new version.

With the current version you might aswell just use static discharge since it will actually do something useful, to explain: elixir users generally have condi cleanse anyway, inventions users get removal on heal anyway and the med kit and AED have etheir own cleanses... By taking this trait you are taking something that is more or less already covered by any other option you will choose.

Any thief or engi would almost instantly proc it with a blind. Mind you the flashbang blind is only 1.5 seconds. So a 90 sec cd passive to remove a 1.5 second blind. Yea... HUGE value. In any teamfight (you keep talking about it in a vacuüm of 1v1) it will almost certainly be procced when you don't need it.

2 hours ago, Koensol.5860 said:

Any thief or engi would almost instantly proc it with a blind. Mind you the flashbang blind is only 1.5 seconds. So a 90 sec cd passive to remove a 1.5 second blind. Yea... HUGE value. In any teamfight (you keep talking about it in a vacuüm of 1v1) it will almost certainly be procced when you don't need it.

I don't see your point, most enemies will cc you immediately anyway so blocking the enemies opener would let you dodge whatever they are doing or let you hit them through blind... just admit it, you are clutching at overly specific straws now, half the engineer players don't even use flashbang anymore anyway...

1 hour ago, Stalima.5490 said:

I don't see your point, most enemies will cc you immediately anyway so blocking the enemies opener would let you dodge whatever they are doing or let you hit them through blind... just admit it, you are clutching at overly specific straws now, half the engineer players don't even use flashbang anymore anyway...

I'm not gonna admit anything. If you can't see the potential of wasting a 90 sec cd passive on an insignificant blind then I don't know what to say. I just prefer having it active and having the control of when I want to proc it over having it be at be passive and let my enemy or random chance decide when it is procced. But it's fine to agree to disagree at this point.

10 hours ago, Koensol.5860 said:

I'm not gonna admit anything. If you can't see the potential of wasting a 90 sec cd passive on an insignificant blind then I don't know what to say. I just prefer having it active and having the control of when I want to proc it over having it be at be passive and let my enemy or random chance decide when it is procced. But it's fine to agree to disagree at this point.

what are you talking about, you do not have control of when you want to proc it, because that effect is now locked to your healing skill and as I have explained, means if you want to do that then you are likely going to die by not using it or die because you used it without needing a heal.

It is simply worse on a whole other level, especially when you consider that tools passively allows you to cleanse conditions now anyway...

This trait is now trying to do what inventions already does passively except inventions generally has better options than tools.

11 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

what are you talking about, you do not have control of when you want to proc it, because that effect is now locked to your healing skill and as I have explained, means if you want to do that then you are likely going to die by not using it or die because you used it without needing a heal.

It is simply worse on a whole other level, especially when you consider that tools passively allows you to cleanse conditions now anyway...

This trait is now trying to do what inventions already does passively except inventions generally has better options than tools.

What didn't you understand about agree to disagree? I don't feel like trying to make the same point over and over.

4 hours ago, Koensol.5860 said:

What didn't you understand about agree to disagree? I don't feel like trying to make the same point over and over.

There is no agreeing to disagree here because this current version is already available to the engineer via the inventions traitline more or less so there is little reason for it to work the way it does.

1 hour ago, Stalima.5490 said:

There is no agreeing to disagree here because this current version is already available to the engineer via the inventions traitline more or less so there is little reason for it to work the way it does.

Dude. Are you deaf? I said agree to disagree. Do you even realize what that means? It means I'm done discussing. You can't force me to not disagree with you, that's insanely arrogant. So stop responding to me, unless you want to have the last word at all cost. Go ahead man.

7 hours ago, Koensol.5860 said:

Dude. Are you deaf? I said agree to disagree. Do you even realize what that means? It means I'm done discussing. You can't force me to not disagree with you, that's insanely arrogant. So stop responding to me, unless you want to have the last word at all cost. Go ahead man.

so i guess I win this arguement then since you are withdrawing your arguement