Gale Song rework seems useless.

Jmvars.4501

On Heal Tempest, you can easily upkeep permanent Protection with no related traits or skills with just overloads and attuning to Earth + Sand Squall, even with Air and Water traitlines. If you go Earth or Arcane instead of Air you now overcap like crazy. DPS Tempest gives three seconds of Protection to allies when they heal, but if DPS Tempest desperately needs Protection they can just take Aftershock which does so much more while also giving two seconds longer Protection in double the radius, or even Armor of Earth for personal Protection for SIX seconds.

Personally I was enjoying Gale Song after the Eye of the Storm change because it then gave automatic stunbreak to my group while also giving stability to allies. Slotting in Eye of the Storm as well suddenly gave me quite decent CC mitigation. This recent change doesn't make sense to me since there are better ways to give Protection.

• Like 4

Don’t believe it gave stability after the change unless it was just missing from the traits tooltip. 

The new gale song I’m guessing is supposed to be pvp focused or something but stun breaks are more useful in pvp so who knows. They do seem to want protection to be easier to get for wvw in general so maybe that was the motivation. If you run arcane though protection is insanely easy to keep up so who knows.

Look what they did with other automatic stun break traits. It's pretty obvious that they simply don't want these anymore, so they just made changes across the board to just remove them.

They don't care if the rework is useless, the entire point was just to remove automatic stun breaks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ya oddly ele lost a bit of self stab from this update. And nerf hidden behind what looks like a buff hehe. It would be nice if they did add more stab support or even self stab in earth line to make up for the lost.

It is very easy to get protection from tempest and ele over all it dose seems pointless that tempest can give protection on an heal. The only way to make it worth something is give an added effect on protection applying. Some how ele gives out more protection then reg but sadly reg has the ability to clear and protection is mostly a dead on apply effect.

Tempest needs an support effect for protection and not an selfish effect of stronger self protection is what it comes down to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah the new Gale song, while not completely horrible in a vacuum, does not really have any uses.

Protection on heal is generally not desirable for Tempest in PvE. The choice is even clearer in sPvP and WvW; gaining an aura on overload is far superior there. One of the problem I see is they really force themselves to write a trait that produce an effect when you use a healing skill instead of thinking about what role it is actually supposed to fulfill in the kit. Gaining a basic boon (something you want to have full time) when you use your healing skill (a skill you want to save for emergency) introduce a conflict of purposes. The result is a "meh" trait that will most likely be forgotten as we all move on from the patch note.

I think it would have been better to look at why people started picking Gale song instead and use that as a starting point. Essentially it was an additional source of stability/break-stun for when your subgroup was really starving for some so let's do something about that.

Edited by Guybrush.4762
  • Like 2