Berserker mode question

Regon Phoenix.8215

10 minutes ago, Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

So, few weeks ago I returned to the game and noticed that F1 became berserker mode and normal burst skills were removed for berserker.
I really loved it and it was really fun when both berserker and burst was binded to one button.
Today I logged in and it seems this awesome change was reversed.
My question: why?

It was one of the tradeoffs of berserker which they removed with the patch on tuesday.

Its now like it used to be.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

Too bad. Regression into a worse state is always bad, so ok then. I shall then simply play better classes then, no problem.

It’s not a regression. It’s better like this (at least if the primal burst cooldowns are unlinked..), you have more tools at your disposal.

It simply moved to a new button, you go F2>F1. It’s not hard whatsoever, barely noticeable really.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

Too bad. Regression into a worse state is always bad, so ok then. I shall then simply play better classes then, no problem.

It's a partial reversal of a systematic nerf, leaving Berserker in a better place, albeit still worse than before said nerf.

Robbing Berserker of its profession mechanic outside of the bloody diarrhea mode was one of the worst things to ever happen in the entire game.

Played for years before -> F2 always have been Berserk mode, it was clunky and there was no reason to use simple burst skills over primal burst skills.
Returned few weeks ago -> F1 is Berserk mode, warrior feels much better to play, can even compete with most other classes.
Few busy weeks -> Berserk mode is returned to F2 = regression into making berserker clunky again.
A single good change to it was reversed, thus it is a regression.

Y'know I know this game's always been like, a low button count game but I find it really odd how many people are this mad about this change. Once every berserk cycle you press F2 then F1 and then it's F1s all the way down. It's one extra button you hit infrequently.

And now in the meantime, if you're doing non-bosses in like, Fractals or something, you can throw a combustive shot for some free damage and then have zerk ready to rip when you finally start the actual boss. Or you have something you can hit if you fall out during a transition while waiting for zerk's CD to come back up, since the adrenaline would be wasted otherwise. I've done both plenty of times already.

It's really not that big of a deal and this air of "it's objectively worse!" from the people mad about it is pretty pitiful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

It’s not regressed to a worse state, it was returned to an objectively superior state. 

No, he's right,  its worse. 

Berserk not proccing berserkers power and requiring you to land t3 regular bursts for max stacks is both clunkier and less effective. Not to mention the unconditional quarter second  of stability on zerk is gone now, so if you're not careful you can get stunned right after zerkmode if you didnt break a stun with EC. The fact they didn't also revert outrage compounds this. Cd on that used to be 10.

The saving grace is a bunch of changes that I wont specify were made that make up for that damage loss. Those changes make it workable. If some of the reworks to stability and rage skills didnt go through, power zerk would objectively be worse.

Its not "guhh me too clumsy to press 2 button". Its "this button now does much less than it did before in exchange for more,but less effective, options."

Its fine as long as they dont walk back 

the other stuff though.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261