Fractals

soul.9651

This is for anyone who has been doing and enjoying fractals for a while but feels like that not even cms + t4s runs are that challenging with the current state of the meta. Can we just get another difficulty tier? Would it be even that hard for anet to make? Scale up the enemies, reuse the same fractals, add 4th instability..  I kinda lost hope that we would see any new fractal any time soon so anet could do at least that. 

Edited by soul.9651
  • Confused 1

They should make CMs for all Fractals and simply make that tier 5. It would also help normalise it for all players (no more DwD), making the playerbase even more experienced. Dragon's End did wonders for the game, but I seriously think just making CMs baseline could take players a step further, at least in Fractals.

Challenge motes make sense in other content like raids and strikes that doesn't have tiers, but with the tier system in Fractals they should just be the highest tier, enable by default by anyone completing that tier.

Though maybe make Aquatic, Siren's Reef and Sunqua a bit less annoying first. Even experienced players skip them frequently because its just a slog even with meta comps.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

If it simply is too easy for you using meta builds, why don't you try to challenge yourself with different builds?

I don't think Arenanet should spend resources on yet another fractals tier, when the game already offers ways for players to make the game harder for themselves.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

28 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

If it simply is too easy for you using meta builds, why don't you try to challenge yourself with different builds?

I don't think Arenanet should spend resources on yet another fractals tier, when the game already offers ways for players to make the game harder for themselves.

Even if you play other meta dps or supp build which you dont know if you have enough experience with encounters it wont be any challenge anyway(just because how much power creep exists in this game) but if you mean just to downgrade your build and grief thats just absurd suggestion..

Plus like i asked would it even take them that many resources just to scale up the content?? -.- probably not

Edited by soul.9651
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/9/2022 at 3:23 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

That speaks to a fundamental lack of understanding of players (or people in any hobby, sport, etc.) who like to push themselves. 

Self-handicaps might be fun as niche challenge runs, but it's really not the same thing as pushing to overcome challenges by trying your very best, and the fun and satisfaction that some people get from that. 

@Mariyuuna.6508 I really like the idea of a T5 "CM Tier" for Fractals, streamlining that tiered Fractal system and having them properly integrated. 

But considering we haven't seen a Fractal in over 2 years? now, fitting every Fractal with a CM would probably take a decade or more..

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/9/2022 at 7:00 AM, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

They should make CMs for all Fractals and simply make that tier 5. It would also help normalise it for all players (no more DwD), making the playerbase even more experienced. Dragon's End did wonders for the game, but I seriously think just making CMs baseline could take players a step further, at least in Fractals.

Challenge motes make sense in other content like raids and strikes that doesn't have tiers, but with the tier system in Fractals they should just be the highest tier, enable by default by anyone completing that tier.

Though maybe make Aquatic, Siren's Reef and Sunqua a bit less annoying first. Even experienced players skip them frequently because its just a slog even with meta comps.

There is no good way to make CM out of old fractals with exception of boss ones (mai trin, molten boss, solid and underwater). Or, if you make it just boss fight, like Sunqua, fractals just become 5 men strikes with instanced hub.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, soul.9651 said:

Why not to turn off the monitor aswell for an extra challenge xd

People do sound-only runs of games all the time, though it'd be too difficult on some Fractals as they have JP-only elements, that have no real sound cues (except Cliffside, with the wind gusts).

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

On 10/16/2022 at 12:03 AM, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

People do sound-only runs of games all the time, though it'd be too difficult on some Fractals as they have JP-only elements, that have no real sound cues (except Cliffside, with the wind gusts).

it's kinda cool challenge idea - to run as many non cm fractals in T4 blind 😄