I want to change the race of some of my characters!

Endhle.5896

5 hours ago, disco.9302 said:

Your issue was that you have reached the limit on character slots. The solution is to increase the max, not implement a race change option. You seem to be barking up the wrong tree.

No, my issue is that I'm expected to leave behind thousands of hours worth of progress on my characters to start over, which I won't do because a) I'm expected to just ignore all the time and efforts I've put into my characters and act like it never happened and b) ArenaNet won't let me have more characters, but you would have known that, had you read the whole thread and not just picked out one post.

4 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Or get a second account.

Or in my case, an eleventh account. But again, if people would read the whole thread and not just one post, you would know that I said I won't start over again.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Calais.6348 said:

No, my issue is that I'm expected to leave behind thousands of hours worth of progress on my characters to start over, which I won't do because a) I'm expected to just ignore all the time and efforts I've put into my characters and act like it never happened and b) ArenaNet won't let me have more characters, but you would have known that, had you read the whole thread and not just picked out one post.

Or in my case, an eleventh account. But again, if people would read the whole thread and not just one post, you would know that I said I won't start over again.

Well you clearly done it 10 times already so what differance do afew more do for the fashion wars?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

As much as I enjoy the ability to race change in games like WoW and FF14, I would be over the moon if Anet just upped the character slot limit -- I have max characters, use all of them at least semi-regularly for one thing or another, and I wouldn't want to lose the progress/unlocks I've done with my main account by just making an alt one for more characters.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Calais.6348 said:

So, you have ten accounts with maxed out character slots?  That's over 700 characters.   I'd imagine that you are a clear minority with regards to this type of request. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Calais.6348 said:

No, I don't. And I never gave you any reason to assume that. I have exactly 80 characters.

So not even one max account then since you said making another account would be your 11th account.

So base 5 on 10 accounts is 50 your main will have 35 there should not be any problem untill you hit 690 characteras atleast

Why are you asking for this again?

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

So not even one max account then since you said making another account would be your 11th account.

So base 5 on 10 accounts is 50 your main will have 35 there should not be any problem untill you hit 690 characteras atleast

Why are you asking for this again?

I like how you just assume that all the character slots on my other accounts are filled, when in reality, there's hardly more than one character on them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Even less of a problem then you got around 40 slots free still atm.

Yes, I'll just go about unlocking everything again on nine other accounts, including all the gemstore items and legendary equipment. 👍

Edit: This thread needs to be locked down. There's nothing productive going on in here anymore.

Edited by Calais.6348
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Calais.6348 said:

Yes, I'll just go about unlocking everything again on nine other accounts, including all the gemstore items and legendary equipment. 👍

Edit: This thread needs to be locked down. There's nothing productive going on in here anymore.

I would say it dident have anything productive going for it even when it started.

But to each their own.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Calais.6348 said:

No, I don't. And I never gave you any reason to assume that. I have exactly 80 characters.

Um... then what did you mean by....

On 10/20/2022 at 8:02 PM, Calais.6348 said:

So with ten accounts, which now we understand are not filled, what's the big deal with rolling up a new character then? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Um... then what did you mean by....

So with ten accounts, which now we understand are not filled, what's the big deal with rolling up a new character then? 

It's the fact that my main account is. And my other accounts are only there to provide me with certain materials.

Edited by Calais.6348
  • Confused 1