What is up with Gold 3

Mell.4873

21 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

It's par for the course these days in online games(especially multiplayer). I'll break it down and describe the typical predictable hype train that gaming cultures engage in through the following steps:

I mean it makes sense, influencers and the likes get paid to have over the top hypebeast reactions to games, usually dishonest but still there's some real dedication to pleasing the sponsors at least, in the hopes that they come again

Which is where Gw2 confuses me the most. A lot of the top PvPers are streamers/influencers as well, but they whine just as much as the rest of us and about the same things while stooping low enough so as to cheat and bad mouth people in the process. I don't see that as damage control, but rather just straight damage.

All I see from them is blatant disrespect & contempt towards Arenanet and any of their fellow players that don't happen to be in their clique.

All this and Arenanet still gives them everything they want. 

21 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

He is not lying for those that doubt.

46523-guild-wars-2-full.jpg (1920×1080) (vgboxart.com)

Not bad tbh it would make for a decent shelf-piece

• Like 1

As for the "world class PvP" thing, to be fair this game was world-class when it came out. MOBAs were barely a thing, most MMOs were still in their nappies with no cast-while-moving, long cast times and very clunky combat systems, and in general this game was very revolutionary both in PvE and PvP, not to mention bringing RvR back to the masses for the first time since Dark Age of Camelot.

So what happened? Well.. nothing. Nothing happened after that, that's the whole problem. The game (all modes, but especially PvP) has been neglected for so long that they could dedicate an entire expansion's worth of content to it just to bring it up-to-date, and that wouldn't be commercially viable so they don't.

Its not even the players' fault that we came to this point, its just a side effect. This is what happens when games become mere products to sell, and the players are just chips on the table.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1