Why Change WvW?

Alsandar.7420

22 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

What do you find fun? When your guild is rallied, are you caring about your server's placement at all and how it's score will affect your match next week? Are there moments when it's not so fun and why?

I’m still catching up on this thread. But thought I’d answer you.

Fun for me = my guildmates in discord. Yay!! Fun for me is trying to outstrip everyone and beating necros is a challenge as a chrono. Fun for me is when we take Maguma’s keep on ebg, or even better smc. They hate that. Fun for me is dying to Indo, then figuring out his strat, and finally wiping him. It’s also really fun pairing with Indo against Mag. Happened once haha!

We always talk about our server ranking up or down. Who we might face. After reset, we have fixed enemies for the week. We learn how they fight and try to beat them. There’s a lot of strategy. It’s a lot like the playoffs in sports. If that makes sense. 

When it’s not fun? Getting nerfed. Mag’s cloud is not fun. But when you finally take Mag’s stuff it’s worth it. Wiping and stuff doesn’t bother me, although my guildies hate it

So yeah. Guys. I like my server and its identity. I like strategically ranking up or down. I like being matched up against two fixed servers and studying the guilds on those servers and strategizing against them. I like the incentive of taking Mag’s bl, because they won’t leave ebg, and therefore winning. Then coming back to ebg and taking the rest of their stuff. It’s really hard tbh, but fun to pull off. I also like bl’s if we don’t want to fight. Maybe we’ve fought a lot. Maybe a lot of people logged off. Maybe we can’t beat Indo so we go to his bl and still win! Bl’s are nice for a lot of reasons with the current server system

But! If alliances end Mag’s spawn camping, I mean, I can understand why that would appeal to most people

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Anet should totally forget about world restructuring and take the crutch of links, put transfer cost back to 1800 for everyone, put back glicko ratings, so everyone gets their server identity back and the joys of ranking up and down. 

It's obvious people don't know how bad things were, they just need a reminder again.

• Thanks 1

Honestly, enough with "server identity". Please quit sacrificing the future of the game mode for something that only 5-10% of WvW players actually care about; the rest of us play it for guilds.

It should've been GUILD WARS from the very beginning, the server system was always flawed.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Alsandar.7420 said:

So yeah. Guys. I like my server and its identity.

I like mine too, Alliances doesn't change this. If the server likes it own identity it can create an Alliance and fit as many as it can into the 500 its allotted.

I like strategically ranking up or down. I like being matched up against two fixed servers and studying the guilds on those servers and strategizing against them.

Rank up down will be the same. You will still have two teams to fight and figure out that will be made up of guilds you will have fought before. As far as we know so far the Teams will be fixed for the same period the links are currently.

I like the incentive of taking Mag’s bl, because they won’t leave ebg, and therefore winning. Then coming back to ebg and taking the rest of their stuff. It’s really hard tbh, but fun to pull off. I also like bl’s if we don’t want to fight. Maybe we’ve fought a lot. Maybe a lot of people logged off. Maybe we can’t beat Indo so we go to his bl and still win! Bl’s are nice for a lot of reasons with the current server system

But! If alliances end Mag’s spawn camping, I mean, I can understand why that would appeal to most people

I am not on Mag but consider the Mag posts we have seen why would you think that Mag has not already created a Mag Alliance of their own that you will be able to fight? Would need a Mag player to speak about that.

Again I am also on server pride side but nothing here will be impacted by Alliances so you should be fine. Now there are other points on server identity and requirements vs Alliances but that's already out there and no need to derail this thread.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
double spacing bug

10 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Anet should totally forget about world restructuring and take the crutch of links, put transfer cost back to 1800 for everyone, put back glicko ratings, so everyone gets their server identity back and the joys of ranking up and down. 

It's obvious people don't know how bad things were, they just need a reminder again.

Its the same each time we see someone complain about the 1 up/down system. They seems to forget the stale matchup threads and why isn't there more variety in who we fight threads. You make a great point, this further helps in keeping it fresh even more so than the linkings. Now right now fresh=chaotic but that's because its a partial system test. Now all that said, I think in T1, we will see that again as the most organized Alliances I think will find themselves facing off against the other highly organized Alliances in the higher tiers so we might some of those thread returning in the future after rollout. We will see.

10 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Honestly, enough with "server identity". Please quit sacrificing the future of the game mode for something that only 5-10% of WvW players actually care about; the rest of us play it for guilds.

It should've been GUILD WARS from the very beginning, the server system was always flawed.

I agree with your point we need to move forward, I don't think I agree with your 5-10% mark. But that's not for this thread.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 8:29 PM, Alsandar.7420 said:

Well, if that’s the real problem, they could remove the gem cost. Then it would be just like pve. You could right click a person in your raid group, then click join on map, and join them in ebg

Sadly, that's the way it was designed when GW2 first came out but people abused it. Hopped back and forth between servers and gave their teams a play by play, therefor bam gem cost. A Guild Alliance would be a great fix. We all have that one guild we like to WvW with but since its been a meme for so many years many of us have given up hope of it ever actually happening.