Pull Wars 2

senftube.6081

Here is the only problem I see with the pulls, to many players running them now. 

It is kind of like after the first couple of nerfs to scourge shades, they weren't overpowered at all, but so many were running scourge shades, they had to be nerfed into oblivion (to satisfy the boon ball brigade) to get players to stop playing them.

Seems like anytime you are fighting on small-scale the pulls are everywhere, if you don't have stab then get ready, because you are about to get yanked back and forth and up down and all the way around. It gives the feeling of powerlessness, which in gaming, makes players NOT happy.

Now, if you go look at the wiki page for GW2 pulls, you will see that a lot of them have been in game since day 1, not all but a lot. The thing is, back then we had a different stab though, it wasn't based on the stack system. So, YES, there is a balance issue with pulls right now OR there is a balance issue with stability, or they need to significantly up the CD on pull abilities.

• Confused 2

31 minutes ago, Crazy.6029 said:

Here is the only problem I see with the pulls, to many players running them now. 

It is kind of like after the first couple of nerfs to scourge shades, they weren't overpowered at all, but so many were running scourge shades, they had to be nerfed into oblivion (to satisfy the boon ball brigade) to get players to stop playing them.

Seems like anytime you are fighting on small-scale the pulls are everywhere, if you don't have stab then get ready, because you are about to get yanked back and forth and up down and all the way around. It gives the feeling of powerlessness, which in gaming, makes players NOT happy.

Now, if you go look at the wiki page for GW2 pulls, you will see that a lot of them have been in game since day 1, not all but a lot. The thing is, back then we had a different stab though, it wasn't based on the stack system. So, YES, there is a balance issue with pulls right now OR there is a balance issue with stability, or they need to significantly up the CD on pull abilities.

That's a fair point, but a lot of other stuff changed adjacent to those two things also. 

Keep in mind, Pulls are largely deliberate actions in a game that a lot of people came to for what was promoted as a deliberate combat system. It's just kind of natural and it's more tangible than say, a passive Reflect that will use your Pull to bring you into them. 

Mesmer pulls pinnacle of blob game play. Only highest skilled blobs use this skilled tactic. I was watching dota 2 last week and started to think that these pro players kind of layer skills just like most skilled wvw zone blobs. They use cc skills and then smash buttons just like zone blobs. 

Edited by Junkpile.7439
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 2:45 AM, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

or knocking) players off cliffs

Back in the day (I had quit originally in 2o15) we found this hilarious.  If you got knocked off a cliff, like at Hills cata wall, you laughed and people laughed at you. 

Even now that I am back... I am always hoping for someone to at least try it. I don't care if it is my team dying, it is always a good laugh. 

• Like 1