Starting...now

robz.1796

Hi guys, i've play at the really beginning.
But i love GW series from 1, and i've bought all expansion (a part of dragon, the last one).

Now, i ask if there is a "Newbie" introduction to story in game. So, if i'm following stories creating a new PG, i can follow the the actual story?

Thanks for your kindly support,
Rob

The whole story is still in the game (or will be from Tuesday, when the finale of Season 1 is re-released).

You'll get an introduction to the story during the tutorial, then at level 10 you'll get the first chapter of the main story, keep following them as they come up and you'll get the whole story.

If you haven't already got them you will need to buy Living World seasons 2-5 (season 1 is free) from the gem store. They're seperate to the expansions but important for the story.

8 hours ago, robz.1796 said:

Now, i ask if there is a "Newbie" introduction to story in game. So, if i'm following stories creating a new PG, i can follow the the actual story?

I am not really sure what you're asking, are you just asking for an introduction to the worldbuilding? If so, here's a copy-paste of the command on the unofficial GW2 discord:

But if you're wanting a summary of the story so far... playing it is probably better.

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

The whole story is still in the game (or will be from Tuesday, when the finale of Season 1 is re-released).

Minor correction: about half of Season 1 is still missing. 3 major story arcs + 2 minor story arcs (possibly 3 minor story arcs depending on where LWS1Return Episode 5 starts out), as well as a significant portion of side content from the re-released episodes are still, well, MIA.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, robz.1796 said:

Many thanks guys.
I'll start with the story and i can go further with your suggest.

Only one quest, what the difference from the expansion and the season?
Thanks

Seasons are just the story continuing between expansions. They are usually episodic and each episode revolves around a new map or map area. Each episode was initially free for a few weeks until the next launched, but are now purchasable in episodes or as a pack. They tend to focus on maps and story.

Expansions are content that drops in one big chunk at an upfront cost and have additional features like elite classes, mounts etc.

The story continues through them all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robz.1796 said:

Many thanks guys.
I'll start with the story and i can go further with your suggest.

Only one quest, what the difference from the expansion and the season?
Thanks

Seasons are sets of 5+ DLCs that make up a "complete" storyline.

Every Season and expansion is a segment in the overarching linear storyline of Guild Wars 2 - it all follows the order that is in the story journal (open the hero panel [H by default] and click on the starburst tab).

One parallel ArenaNet has historically liked to throw is that the Living World is like a TV series - episodic continued narratives bundled in seasons.

A complete season is more or less on par to expansion, where seasons have more story and open world content, but expansions always bring a couple extra / new features with it (like elite specs, guild halls, and new style of masteries).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

One parallel ArenaNet has historically liked to throw is that the Living World is like a TV series - episodic continued narratives bundled in seasons.

Can you also say that the core game is the pilot film and the expansions are extra films or special long episodes for the appropriate seasons? (Like Heart of Thorns for Season 2 and Path of Fire for Season 3.)

16 hours ago, TGMChrist.2678 said:

Can you also say that the core game is the pilot film and the expansions are extra films or special long episodes for the appropriate seasons? (Like Heart of Thorns for Season 2 and Path of Fire for Season 3.)

I think the storytelling is the same between the two, the only difference is an expansion is released all at once and a living world season is released gradually.

So they're both like TV shows but one is released an episode at a time and one is dumped on a streaming service so some people will 'binge watch' the entire thing in a day.

• Thanks 1