Question for the lore keepers of guild wars

Damocles.4908

Hi all

So I spent most of my days doing pvp and some pve here and there but since play pof and eod, my gw2 universe got alot bigger, but now that everything that did revolve around dragons are gone, What else could be installed for us? I remember some talking about the gods getting up to trouble again but what else could be a threat that I don't know from gw1 or missed suttle clues?

Or could something a bit more "normal" occure where another nation maybe invade Kryta, steam ships armada or something, (I found the void stuff really confusing). Or was eod the closing chapter of gw2?

Anet has stated that EoD is not the closing chapter of GW2 and that they intend to continue with a new overarching story, but what that story will shape up to be is at the moment anyone's guess.  They have said that they plan on going further into the Human gods at some point (or at least so I've been told by others here) but they'll do so or how much of the new post-dragon's GW2 story will be focused on the gods is unknown. Frankly, what with how Anet gets new writers over time its not even a guarantee that this will be a major part of the future narrative at all, the writers might just change their minds like they've done with other things. Otherwise, there isn't a whole lot else that remain, some smaller story threads that can be tied up sure, but nothing that I know of that can be used as a basis for the new Story Arc.

So basically, aside from the gods part, ArenaNet will likely be going into very new territory.

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107

We know that EoD won't be the end of GW2 (and was never intended to be), they're already working on another expansion and there will be a new living world season before then, likely starting in January.

We don't know what that will be about, but there's a lot of possibilities. Aurene being the only surviving Elder Dragon hasn't completely resolved all the problems involved in their cycle, magic across Tyria is still somewhat unstable and will be for some time so problems related to that (like the void and the leyline infused creatures) could still occur.

Cantha could be in for a rough time with Soo-won gone and the supply of dragonjade severely limited, plus the political fallout from various revelations in the story. (I'm not expecting a revolution or anything on that scale, but I think it will shift the balance of power between the various ministries and other factions.) Elona is still in the early days of establishing an entirely new system of government (or several, for different regions) after centuries of Joko's rule. Tyria still has numerous unresolved political and social conflicts between different factions. So any number of politically driven storylines are possible, but I think they'd all be relatively small scale and I suspect Anet will want something more along the lines of another supernatural threat to the whole world for a new expansion.

Finally and to me the most appealing: there's a lot of Tyria we know nothing about. There's a lot of land to the east of Ascalon and Elona, some areas north of Kryta and Maguuma, and according to the full world map image visible on the Wiki there's more lands to the west as well. There's also at least 2 civilisations in the deep ocean (the krait and the lagos). There could be anything out there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

We know that EoD won't be the end of GW2 (and was never intended to be), they're already working on another expansion and there will be a new living world season before then, likely starting in January.

We don't know what that will be about, but there's a lot of possibilities. Aurene being the only surviving Elder Dragon hasn't completely resolved all the problems involved in their cycle, magic across Tyria is still somewhat unstable and will be for some time so problems related to that (like the void and the leyline infused creatures) could still occur.

Cantha could be in for a rough time with Soo-won gone and the supply of dragonjade severely limited, plus the political fallout from various revelations in the story. (I'm not expecting a revolution or anything on that scale, but I think it will shift the balance of power between the various ministries and other factions.) Elona is still in the early days of establishing an entirely new system of government (or several, for different regions) after centuries of Joko's rule. Tyria still has numerous unresolved political and social conflicts between different factions. So any number of politically driven storylines are possible, but I think they'd all be relatively small scale and I suspect Anet will want something more along the lines of another supernatural threat to the whole world for a new expansion.

Finally and to me the most appealing: there's a lot of Tyria we know nothing about. There's a lot of land to the east of Ascalon and Elona, some areas north of Kryta and Maguuma, and according to the full world map image visible on the Wiki there's more lands to the west as well. There's also at least 2 civilisations in the deep ocean (the krait and the lagos). There could be anything out there.

We also know there's likely a Human civilisation in the west at Sunrise Crest, but all evidence is anecdotal.

Only threats I could think of from gw1 that are in Cantha  are demons of Kanaxai's type, out side of Cantha are the human gods and ghosts of Ascalon.  Also we don't know what is east of the Charr  empire/alliance other then homelands of the other legions.

Edited by Torn Fierceslash.6375