Hopium

Salt Mode.3780

On 11/13/2022 at 12:19 AM, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

Im actually not surprised at all... unfortunately I never trusted CMC to begin with when it comes to Mesmer... he strucks me as one of the devs that has zero interest in mesmer, and he hasn't done anything to prove us wrong.

I still remember on EoD showcase when he like made a scoffing comment about mirage's 1 dodge... I knew back then that mirage will never get any positive attention as long as devs like him gets to decide for the game, and look now with this latest patch... I actually wasnt happy when we got to know that CMC is going to be lead balance dev... cuz that means mesmers will never be treated in fair way. 

let's be real
as long as he is in charge of balance dev, this game won't be good
think about all the stupid things his "balance" did
how many classes had been overpowered ?
and how long mirage has been a trash but seems he is still not satisfied

it is what it is 
I don't like his attitude especially he's the one sitting in that position

Edited by Loic.9657
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/14/2022 at 2:05 PM, Loic.9657 said:

let's be real
as long as he is in charge of balance dev, this game won't be good
think about all the stupid things his "balance" did
how many class had been overpowered ?
and how long mirage has been a trash but seems he is still not satisfied

it is what it is 
I don't like his attitude especially he's the one sitting in that position

He just started in this position recently for one. And for two the only thing they are targeting is staxe mirage which is only used at the very high end. Staff mirage is getting a buff.

• Confused 5

7 hours ago, Forbiben.3842 said:

He just started in this position recently for one. And for two the only thing they are targeting is staxe mirage which is only used at the very high end. Staff mirage is getting a buff.

There isnt any buff, I dont get why people dont get this yet!? Its a nerf dressed up as a buff, and those who know how mirage/mesmer works in PvE/PvP/WvW, see that this is a nerf immediatly!

For you to benefit fully of this so called "buff", you must have all 3 clones out, which is not an easy task for mesmer to begin with, and this is why:

- Clones and phantasms are too weak, they just shatter as fast as they get summoned when someone puts an AoE on them. Now try maintaining even 1 clone in PvP/WvW! Will you benefit from this "buff"... No!

- Clones shatter after some seconds if they cant attack their target, which is very frustrating in itself, but with this change it will be even more frustrating. So still makes this change rather a nerf than a buff...

- Clones shatter after your target is dead, which means you might need to wait on CDs in order to get more clones out, which makes you as a Staff/Staff Mirage vulnerable, since you cant just ambush for getting alac and might anymore so you can load up ur skills faster. Now you need to have 3 clones out to be able to this, which turns this change to... again... a nerf!

For this change to actually be a buff for staff/staff mirage, Anet needs to make some changes:

- Buff clones and phantasms up, make them a hell alot more sturdier, and let them actually take a beating before they shatter. This lets you keep your clones out for a longer time, which will turn this change into a buff!

- Dont let clones just shatter just bc they cant attack their target! Let the clones literally wait until they can attack their target again, or let them attack another target that is more nearby.

- Clones dont shatter when their target dies anymore. Instead they go on attacking the Mesmers next target, which lets you keep your clones out for longer, and you as a Staff/Staff Mirage can benefit longer from your clones and the buffs they provide you with! Which will turn this change into an actual buff.

So I hope you get that this change isnt a buff! Mesmers, mirages and chronos has too many weaknesses when it comes to their clones and phantasms. This change makes playing Staff/Staff Mirage even worse, specially if you want to play it in WvW and PvP, and its a nerf in PvE aswell!

A nerf dressed up as a buff on the end of the day.

Edited by AshkyLicious.4729
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Forbiben.3842 said:

What...? CMC has been part of the balance team for years, him being a lead or being a member of the team isn't going to change the results. 

Also this is a direct nerf to competitive play as clones are not as durable in competitive play then in PvE. This is also a nerf to some extent in PvE because staff mirage was terrible with trash mobs to begin with, now its even worse because you need to get 3 clones out to get max use of the said "buffs".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 11/12/2022 at 10:32 AM, Salt Mode.3780 said:

This is a reason why you don't wish for more as a  Mesmer main. Not only did they not mention Mirage getting a 2nd dodge back but instead of buffs we got nerfs on csplit considering it wasn't mentioned PvP or PvE this is probably going to affect both modes. To those Alacrity Mirage, your boons got reduced. So no real buffs perhaps some damage buffs in PvE but certainly nerfs in the competitive side.

Im guessing distortion for both chrono and virtuoso is going to carry us till the next expansion.

Isn't this a PvE Patch so of course it wont mention competitive gamemodes balance

The Mirage Alacrity change (not really a nerf) only really impacts you if you wanted to do this role in PvP but I'm not to sure if anyone was playing a support Mirage in sPvP or even WvW, especially since Chonomancer exists and is a lot better.

Maintaining max Clones in PvE is very easy and this change is in some ways a buff and other ways a nerf. If you did practice Staff Alacrity Mirage the main nerf is using F4 to produce Shard so you can ambush 3 times in a row. Now you need to get your clones back up right away then use the shards.
If you played Alacrity DPS Mirage then i could see a slight nerf to damage numbers (maybe 1-2k at most) but your alacrity generation has gone from 2.5sec to 4 sec.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Isn't this a PvE Patch so of course it wont mention competitive gamemodes balance

The Mirage Alacrity change (not really a nerf) only really impacts you if you wanted to do this role in PvP but I'm not to sure if anyone was playing a support Mirage in sPvP or even WvW, especially since Chonomancer exists and is a lot better.

Maintaining max Clones in PvE is very easy and this change is in some ways a buff and other ways a nerf. If you did practice Staff Alacrity Mirage the main nerf is using F4 to produce Shard so you can ambush 3 times in a row. Now you need to get your clones back up right away then use the shards.
If you played Alacrity DPS Mirage then i could see a slight nerf to damage numbers (maybe 1-2k at most) but your alacrity generation has gone from 2.5sec to 4 sec.

I'm not sure that using distortion to generate mirrors will even be needed anymore.  Buff-wise, 4.67 seconds (assuming permanent regen) of alacrity every ambush is going to create a healthy cushion of built up alacrity for when the endurance run out.  Might stacking won't be an issue, either.  Unless the mirrors from distortion were responsible for a lot of damage, this will be an overall buff for the twin stave builds.

I'm looking forward to it.  The least consistent part of alacmirage was the distortion portion, since you never know where the mirrors or your squad are going to end up.  I would frequently get mirrors scattered throughout the arena, or consumed immediately because they spawned right on top of me.  In theory Desert Distortion is quite good, but in practice I saw it fall short all too often, so it will be nice to let the clones auto for awhile.

18 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I'm not sure that using distortion to generate mirrors will even be needed anymore.  Buff-wise, 4.67 seconds (assuming permanent regen) of alacrity every ambush is going to create a healthy cushion of built up alacrity for when the endurance run out.  Might stacking won't be an issue, either.  Unless the mirrors from distortion were responsible for a lot of damage, this will be an overall buff for the twin stave builds.

I'm looking forward to it.  The least consistent part of alacmirage was the distortion portion, since you never know where the mirrors or your squad are going to end up.  I would frequently get mirrors scattered throughout the arena, or consumed immediately because they spawned right on top of me.  In theory Desert Distortion is quite good, but in practice I saw it fall short all too often, so it will be nice to let the clones auto for awhile.

If you played the pure DPS it definitely helped initially but honestly you are right. I play my Alacrity Mirage as pure support with traited Signet of Inspiration so I never really needed it.

Generally I focus on getting all my clones and using F2 off-cooldown.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 5

20 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I don't know if you pay enough attention to the patch notes but no this was not strictly a PvE patch as other classes got (PvE) and (PvP) changes. The fact that Mesmers did not specifically indicate in either PvP or PvE means the changes was for both modes. In which case I stand by what I said when I said the staff change is a direct nerf for competitive play. If you don't understand what that means please refrain from commenting further or quote me without understanding the full scope.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 11/21/2022 at 1:30 PM, Salt Mode.3780 said:

I don't know if you pay enough attention to the patch notes but no this was not strictly a PvE patch as other classes got (PvE) and (PvP) changes. The fact that Mesmers did not specifically indicate in either PvP or PvE means the changes was for both modes. In which case I stand by what I said when I said the staff change is a direct nerf for competitive play. If you don't understand what that means please refrain from commenting further or quote me without understanding the full scope.

The last big patch was primarily PvP and this one (although its not in the patch notes) is focused on PvE. They said this much on the livestreams they do.

Its still early days they might not bring across the change to PvP. Besides the lack of Might you only really need 1 clones to get the same Alacrity as before.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 9

• 2 weeks later...

For those who don't understand the situation, CMC has been competitive designer since Oct 2019.

And when did Mirage become 1 dodge?

Feb 25 2020

Wow, what a surpise. 😀

He just took it away without "any" compensate.

Edited by Loic.9657
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1