Condi Quickness Herald?!?!!!???!?1??!?

BrokenGlass.9356

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmABkel7lpQIMLKidRSMMCiJSgsCSgj7kVzE-zRJYyx/ZkuUNEVlSPIhwfL8OtBA-e

Does this work? How much DPS could one expect? Anyone out there with legendary gear and spare time feel like running a golem test? 

I've got my fingers crossed for 25k bench with might, quickness, fury, swiftness, and some protection. 

What do you guys think? Diamond in n the rough? Or trying to polish a kitten?

5 hours ago, BrokenGlass.9356 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmABkel7lpQIMLKidRSMMCiJSgsCSgj7kVzE-zRJYyx/ZkuUNEVlSPIhwfL8OtBA-e

Does this work? How much DPS could one expect? Anyone out there with legendary gear and spare time feel like running a golem test? 

I've got my fingers crossed for 25k bench with might, quickness, fury, swiftness, and some protection. 

What do you guys think? Diamond in n the rough? Or trying to polish a kitten?

it should be good just for the sake of having condi version of quickHerald. 

I dont want to compare damage, it might be close or even higher, but to compare to to power version: no staff so less cc, no dwarf stance coz for it you would replace malix = big drop in damage. (ocasionally you could want to take ventary for bubble, again, big drop for damage.)

Anyways, it should be fine to run this if you want tanky option when no additional utility needed. I would run Corruption 1-3-1.  also 50% bd should be enough so u can drop sigils of concentration for doom and geo. or viper stats + firebrand rune. Damage should be more then power version.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Polar.8634 said:

it should be good just for the sake of having condi version of quickHerald. 

I dont want to compare damage, it might be close or even higher, but to compare to to power version: no staff so less cc, no dwarf stance coz for it you would replace malix = big drop in damage. (ocasionally you could want to take ventary for bubble, again, big drop for damage.)

Anyways, it should be fine to run this if you want tanky option when no additional utility needed. I would run Corruption 1-3-1.  also 50% bd should be enough so u can drop sigils of concentration for doom and geo. or viper stats + firebrand rune. Damage should be more then power version.

Well that sounds awesome. I'm especially glad to drop the concentration sigil. More damage is great. 

However, considering that it uses mace axe and doesn't swap (save to save itself with the shield's "Oh kitten!" Button.) It could easily run staff just to allow for cc. 

Although Mallyx has that pull, which is a pretty nice breaker. Also Flint has that knockback, also a nice breaker. Between those two and chill spam it may not need any more cc. 

Cause, every time it pulls out the staff the DPS would drop quicker than a viper's weaver in double water attunement... 

But if it turns out to need the staff? Absolutely. 

But your read on this would be something like : "definably not a waste of time to go get a full set of heavy ritualist gear?" 

Ty for the input. 

4 hours ago, BrokenGlass.9356 said:

Well that sounds awesome. I'm especially glad to drop the concentration sigil. More damage is great. 

However, considering that it uses mace axe and doesn't swap (save to save itself with the shield's "Oh kitten!" Button.) It could easily run staff just to allow for cc. 

Although Mallyx has that pull, which is a pretty nice breaker. Also Flint has that knockback, also a nice breaker. Between those two and chill spam it may not need any more cc. 

Cause, every time it pulls out the staff the DPS would drop quicker than a viper's weaver in double water attunement... 

But if it turns out to need the staff? Absolutely. 

But your read on this would be something like : "definably not a waste of time to go get a full set of heavy ritualist gear?" 

Ty for the input. 

I think the question is really “why would you unless you’re doing It for the RP/Flavor.” Unless the damage is high enough the power variant is going to be better in pretty much all situations. Thing about power Rev and especially power herald is that it’s not like a traditional power class quite as much; it doesn’t have high burst then low valleys. It’s pretty much just entirely sustained DPS with small bursts here or there. The problem with this is that condi is ALSO sustained damage, except it also has Ramp time. Power Herald will always be better than its condi variant provided it has higher sustain DPS, which in this case it almost certainly will. There’s not really a point to taking a condi class in place of a power class if the power class has higher sustain damage. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

I think the question is really “why would you unless you’re doing It for the RP/Flavor.” Unless the damage is high enough the power variant is going to be better in pretty much all situations. Thing about power Rev and especially power herald is that it’s not like a traditional power class quite as much; it doesn’t have high burst then low valleys. It’s pretty much just entirely sustained DPS with small bursts here or there. The problem with this is that condi is ALSO sustained damage, except it also has Ramp time. Power Herald will always be better than its condi variant provided it has higher sustain DPS, which in this case it almost certainly will. There’s not really a point to taking a condi class in place of a power class if the power class has higher sustain damage. 

i feel you there in terms of raw numbers. but there are alot of factors that i think would make the case. if you just hate sword, and love mace, that would be enough. if you can hit similar numbers to the point where people arent asking you why your 10th below the healer or anything...  also, there are some fights, (like Largos) where the condi verson of whatever will always be better, and in those cases, a power herald in full legendary could just switch to this instead.

so i dont see it as "teets on a bull" so to speak, more like.... another flavor. and considering that power herald is VANILLA.... like BASIC.... unflavored yogurt.... static as a tv station.... the greatful dead.... like.... auto 2, auto 2, auto 2, auto 2, auto 2, get snack, auto 2.... Bo-ring.

so, to me, the ramp time would only invalidate the build if its ramp was somehow unusually slow compaired to many condi classes... but condiering how many LONG condis on short cd's, it cant be more that one or two passes through your skills b4 hitting peak dps.

and, its not as if you'd get kicked from groups over having a ramp up time vs not. and if ya would get kicked from that group, my bet is, you not only know all the dudes like that, but are one, and wont have this problem in the first place.

• Confused 1

On 11/15/2022 at 3:21 AM, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

I guess i would be thinking about condi only if cpds is favored in the encounter in general for example at 100cm or in general in any content where boss is constantly moving. Altho you are right about herald having good sustained dps which makes it optimal in the vast majority of the encounters. But also power herald will be kinda on the broken side now after patch idk, instead of giving more dps they should have changed quickness application on herald so that its not just mindless utility spam where you cant use your skills if you actually need to time something like, wasting a stun break, cc, and heal just hurts. Condi quick herald tho definetely needed help with its dps, and still gonna need it after patch, but it will be playable from now hopefully.

Vallun made a condi quick herald immediately after the quickness update. It functions if you just want variety, but I don't think there is any case where a power quick herald wouldn't be superior. Power quick herald offers greater damage, and the facet of nature lifesteal buff from shiro is more useful to your squad in instanced pve than the condi pull one from mallyx.

Condi quick berserker is a good option if you're looking for that combo. It is true that condi is desired on some encounters so it's nice to have the flexibility.

Condi herald is pretty decent in wvw and pvp though. Of course, it doesn't bring quickness in those modes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/14/2022 at 11:13 PM, BrokenGlass.9356 said:

it could, but since condi build gives up versatility for damage, why not go even further and give up staff for more damage. If you constantly swap legend->weapon, you get quadroswap effect, on swap sigils would all activate every swap, its a lot of damage added.

if you need to add cc, you can hold dragon elite a bit to use when cc is needed and use malix pull too.

you could take staff only on something like aetherblade strike where a ton of cc is needed, drop of dps would not hurt there too

On 11/14/2022 at 11:13 PM, BrokenGlass.9356 said:

definably not a waste of time to go get a full set of heavy ritualist gear

condi alac rene would be good reason to get ritu gear, for herald idk. if you dont have lot of gear and want to get best value of our gold, get ritu, use it for alac build, and if u need quickness use that gear for condi quick herald. you would just need to change weapons and build temptlate

On 11/16/2022 at 1:42 PM, Anonynja.3172 said:

Vallun made a condi quick herald immediately after the quickness update. It functions if you just want variety, but I don't think there is any case where a power quick herald wouldn't be superior. Power quick herald offers greater damage, and the facet of nature lifesteal buff from shiro is more useful to your squad in instanced pve than the condi pull one from mallyx.

Condi quick berserker is a good option if you're looking for that combo. It is true that condi is desired on some encounters so it's nice to have the flexibility.

Condi herald is pretty decent in wvw and pvp though. Of course, it doesn't bring quickness in those modes.

^ Best answer I've seen. 

Condi quick berserker benches at 32k: https://snowcrows.com/builds/warrior/berserker/condition-quickness-berserker

Power quick herald benches 29.2k: https://snowcrows.com/builds/revenant/herald/power-herald

Only bench I've seen for condi quick is 23.3k and I would guess a very thorough and near perfect bench could be a decent bit better, but it's still undoubtedly lower than power quick herald.  Condi herald will give more might since you blast a fire field, but that's usually not a concern since there's a lot more might from most builds nowadays anyways.   

The Nov 29th patch will certainly improve condi quick herald, but I'd be surprised if it breaks ahead of berserker.  Either way, it's definitely viable and likely underestimated because it has a pretty simple rotation and is more durable for surviving mechanics than berserker (facet of light consume and two stun breaks are pretty nice), but it's not meta.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

I was bored so I adapted this build  in fractal :

With potion conversion you can go full vipere instead of ritualist;158AR put me to 26% BD; so DPS was significantly higher than expected. (May be put a sigil of concentration or some ritualist pieces to be confortable).

It did pretty well with a pug for CMs. Easy rotation, easy DPS.   But; as a "support" as people expect, you lack some tools; Mallyx is needed for DPS   and any other legend swap halve your DPS.

I would like to try with some celestial/grieving pieces with Roiling Mists, runes of tormenting ...  may be it can add some burst for short phases.

• Like 1