Request: Add "[Skin] Locked" filter to Trade Post

ClaraFee.2579

There are various ways to track what item skins, tonics, minis, etc. we have yet to unlock (Bank > Wardrobe Storage, manual lists, API, third party tools and sites).  However, what I believe would be the most player-friendly method is missing: a simple filter on the Trading Post.

Request

• Please add a filter on the Trade Post to help us identify skins, minis, novelties, etc. which are still locked for our accounts.

Value

• to help players spend more time playing and less time researching
  • to help facilitate player-to-player transactions for these items

Thank you!  😸

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

I would love this too.  But as I've mentioned in various other threads asking for it, afaik it would slow the TP to a glacial crawl every time you opened it as it would need to scan every single listing on the TP to compare to your individual account.  Maybe it could scan every item unlocked in your wardrobe and reverse apply that to the TP to remove those particular skins, but I believe (I am not a programmer though my husband writes databases and regales me with the gory details) that this would still cause notable slow downs.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

I would love this too.  But as I've mentioned in various other threads asking for it, afaik it would slow the TP to a glacial crawl every time you opened it as it would need to scan every single listing on the TP to compare to your individual account.  Maybe it could scan every item unlocked in your wardrobe and reverse apply that to the TP to remove those particular skins, but I believe (I am not a programmer though my husband writes databases and regales me with the gory details) that this would still cause notable slow downs.

The filter can be done all on client side. That would have very little impact on TP performance. The client already holds the unlock data, that is how it can tell you if something is already unlocked when you hover over it.  "results = results.filter( result => result.has_skin && result.skin_is_locked );" that is more or less what the code for the filter would look like. The bits after => might need to be a bit more complex and there needs to be a bit more scaffolding to make it toggleable.

If we were still using the old version of the TP where the TP used a separate network connection it would have been possible to implement this with a mod using a HTTP proxy.

Ask your husband if a table with 64k rows is much of a concern 🙂

• Thanks 2