New player starting revenant

JessKnight.9348

Hello everyone I just bought the expansion and just started this game I fell in love with revenant and used a level boost. I maybe shouldn't have done that lol but now I'm very confused. I mostly just do solo play mix with a bit of dungeons what builds be good and what weapons ? Thanks for the help!

Mostly just pve please

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JessKnight.9348 said:

Wow why are there like 4 builds ? I'm more confused lol 

Read the Overview, It'll tell you what each are best for.

35 minutes ago, Waschpulveer.5364 said:

Sorry but metabattle is crap

MetaBattle may not be the best but they're certainly not crap. They have been tested and are very viable. Just because a build that you think is good, it doesn't make the rest bad. If MetaBattle is indeed very bad, I highly doubt it'll last long or be so popular.

The one in the video you posted is just a CondiRen, not much different from the one in MetaBattle. Yes, Lord Hizen and Mukluk do make good builds but there are many others just as capable and/or even better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Welcome to revenant!  It's tremendous fun, a little quirky, jack/jill/jaime of all trades, master of none.  

Level 80 boosts can be an issue.  You miss out on getting to learn a lot about your profession.   Usually for a first time 80, it's recommended to not use it.  But here we are, and if you take an elite spec (renegade, vindicator, or herald) you would be learning some new things anyway, so just take time and get familiar with it at 80.  Go back, do some map completion, spend some time in Dry Top and Silverwastes.  Do some metas and world bosses.   

Here is a friendly, open world build and video to explain that is very survivable and meets the criteria you asked for.  It's great in open world, you can solo champs with it, you can take it into dungeons and low tier fractals.   Highest dps, no.  Sturdy, steady, and stuff dies satisfyingly fast?  Yes.  Also you can use your celestial gear you got with the level 80 boost!