Quickness Catalyst Build - Thoughts?

Uh Pooky.4567

Hey all,

I haven't seen an updated Quickness Catalyst build after the patch so not sure if it's a viability thing or what, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Can y'all give me your thoughts about the build below?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAIlpyWZsMK2JW2W7xfA-zRZYBhUJGqa4oAKjKSg0LAbnmecGBA-e

Reasons for the food is that I'm too cheap to buy anything else since the birthday cake was free.

Got to 90% crit since the Crescent Wind skill gives an extra 10%...just not sure how often I'll be able to keep that up.

I wanted to reach at least 20K health with the level 10 jade bot core so that's the reason for the additional marauder gear.

I went with 14 seconds of quickness to give myself a slight buffer if the party I'm in is scattered about...I have absolutely no idea what amount is exactly required for 100% quickness uptime.

Lastly, I set the elemental empowerment to 3 as I know I'll have at least that amount...not sure how often I'll be able to put auras on myself which would increase the amount.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: This will be for Fractals/OW/Raiding (eventually lol)

Edited by Uh Pooky.4567

Take stormsoul thats a dps boost. Arcane precision and arcane ressurection will net you more dps/condi coverage and more utility since you kinda are offensive, but still a support. I would also take Vicious empowerement for easier stacks and more stats overall. 

As for gear marauder is not optimal, but still useable. There are hardcore builds that go without boon duration (aside from basic 12 from arcane traitline), and ive seen some fire-air builds that have a tight rotation. But i would recommend getting atleast 30% boon duration to get some slack if anything goes wrong during the encounter. Since you got 39% it can be adjusted for more dps or you can leave it be. 

3 hours ago, Uh Pooky.4567 said:

Thanks gents! Soul, I took your advice on the trait lines and brought down my pieces of marauder from 9 to 6. I like a little bit of cushion on my hp bar. I stuck with 40% BD as well for the same reason.

Y'all rock!

What dd you eventually settle for if you don't mind me asking?

1 hour ago, Uh Pooky.4567 said:

Hey! This is what I settled on personally. Let me know what ya think! http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAIlpyWZsMK2JW+W1RfA-zRZYBhJGMcUAlRFJQ6FgtTTPOjAA-e

Personally I'd get more diviner pieces and run fire instead of arcane. This is what I run in Fractals/Raids. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAIlpyWZsMK2JO8KfRfA-zRRYBBDHFsyo2CoiEw2ZZUzIH-e

Can put in my diviners if you have trouble keeping up quickness. Though I will say your arcane idea is one that interests me. With some slight changes possibly. 

Looks like a very off-meta build that's not utilizing the quick-catas damage potential. For air you definately should be taking 3-3-1 now. Running arcane is also not needed, just go with the same fire traits as the power-cata. And for the cata traitline you take 2-3-3. So immobilize and cc will give you extra empowerment stacks. 20k hp is also over the top. A mix of berserker and diviner stats is totally fine. Or switch some berserk with marauder if you like.

Edited by Markus.6415

1 hour ago, Markus.6415 said:

Looks like a very off-meta build that's not utilizing the quick-catas damage potential. For air you definately should be taking 3-3-1 now. Running arcane is also not needed, just go with the same fire traits as the power-cata. And for the cata traitline you take 2-3-3. So immobilize and cc will give you extra empowerment stacks. 20k hp is also over the top. A mix of berserker and diviner stats is totally fine. Or switch some berserk with marauder if you like.

Actually the highest quick cata bench is with arcane instead of Fire right now due to the lower cd on the spheres. 

For fractals/open world id say air 321 is actually in general better dps since most trash mobs Arent defiant. Ideally you'd to switch between stormsoul and raging storm depending on the encounters. 

Id personally take energized elements over vicious empowerment in fractals/open world aswell to boost your energy gain in suboptimal boss/add fights. In the end upkeep time on quickness and resolution is alot more important then adding 4% extra dps. 

I think swapping out arcane precision for arcane restoration (and maybe take abit extra zerk over marauders) would be beneficial to increase overall surviveability.

If you do raids/strikes, id definitely recommend air 331, arcane 113 cata 333, but its probably not the best for fractals/open world 

11 hours ago, Markus.6415 said:

Changing my accessories to all berserker is a difference of 117 power and 150 ferocity. Does this really make that big of a difference taking into consideration that I wouldn't have 100% crit anymore? Mistakes are bound to happen and I feel like the extra vitality would help with not getting one shot i.e., 0 dps and quickness.