Trying to fix rifle

Zekent.3652

Hi, it's well known that warrior's rifle is just the worst rifle in the game, and i had some ideas to polish that weapon:

-Remove the ammo from all skills and adapt the CDs without ammo, this class have a bad experience with ammo skills, giving us more of the same thing, doesn't means it's gonna be better.

-Rifle 1: Speed up its projectiles, why it has to be slower than ranger's LB autos?
-Rifle 2: Speed up the skill.
-Rifle 3: Make it an explosive shell animation that comes back on activation, dealing extra damage.
-Rifle 4: Dodges backward instantly, dazes.
-Rifle 5: Charges/Dashes forward, chains.

What do you think? any new idea to fix this weapon?

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

I don't think Warrior's Rifle is the worst in the game, pretty sure Engi Rifle is just as bad if not worse. 

What I feel about Warrior's Rifle is that it tries too hard to be a long ranged encounter weapon when most of warrior's kit, or how the game is played in PvE for the matter, is in mid to close range because you wanna stack for buffs. This coupled with the very clunky animations make it a travesty for Warrior's speedy weapon swapping rotational playstyle. 

And Killshot. Oh my god Killshot. That channel time. Ohhhh man. Am I DE now?

My take: 

Skill 1 Auto: 3 shot burst. Inflicts 1 Vuln stack. 

Skill 2 : Evade backward and next burst inflicts conditions. (3 Stack Burning 3 Stack Bleed) 

Skill 3 : Same as before but is now a targeted AoE. Solves the issue of being a weird Cone skill. Throwing an explosive would be nice.

Skill 4 : Forward lunge with a Bayonet stab. Inflicts Cripple. 

Skill 5 : AoE swing around the player instead of current. 

Burst skill : Hoses the target down with a volley of bullets. Inflicts 10 stacks of Vuln, deals more damage per stack of Vuln. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

I don't think Warrior's Rifle is the worst in the game, pretty sure Engi Rifle is just as bad if not worse. 

What I feel about Warrior's Rifle is that it tries too hard to be a long ranged encounter weapon when most of warrior's kit, or how the game is played in PvE for the matter, is in mid to close range because you wanna stack for buffs. This coupled with the very clunky animations make it a travesty for Warrior's speedy weapon swapping rotational playstyle. 

And Killshot. Oh my god Killshot. That channel time. Ohhhh man. Am I DE now?

My take: 

Skill 1 Auto: 3 shot burst. Inflicts 1 Vuln stack. 

Skill 2 : Evade backward and next burst inflicts conditions. (3 Stack Burning 3 Stack Bleed) 

Skill 3 : Same as before but is now a targeted AoE. Solves the issue of being a weird Cone skill. Throwing an explosive would be nice.

Skill 4 : Forward lunge with a Bayonet stab. Inflicts Cripple. 

Skill 5 : AoE swing around the player instead of current. 

Burst skill : Hoses the target down with a volley of bullets. Inflicts 10 stacks of Vuln, deals more damage per stack of Vuln. 

You must have been living under a rock for the past 6 months because since the June 2022 Balance Patch Engi Rifle has been their best power weapon, and possibly the best ranged power weapon in the entire game. Even after several waves of nerfs to it. 

Edited by Jzaku.9765
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

I would certainly return the rifle to its original state, with the best values and I would work on it from there, modifying some traits and other things, anet has done nothing but screw it up lately, the damage coefficients are absurd on things that shouldn't even have half that damage and more in pve. The game seems to be being balanced by spoiled children who know little or nothing about the matter and want everything for free.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1