Merry Christmas, all my toons are ruined. Ty Anet

Thron Stal.9367

57 minutes ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

No, people don't deserve an additional mechanic applied on top of it to exasperate the issue with an semi-autonomous unit. That's just plain discourtesy. We all expected to deal with pet AI, but there are ways to nerf powerful pets without implementing performance restrictions reliant on their already poor behavior.

One of those "ways", and an especially simple one would have been not to come up with a pet spec to begin with. Beyond that, I find this whole thing hilarious because the Mechanical Genius condition is such a non-issue you wouldn't even find out the pet's been debuffed if you weren't informed. Also, a Jade Mech in combat remains predictable, during the time it runs off to Narnia you're either out of combat or likely not anything that useful anyways.

If you complain that you can't optimize your damage because of that passive change while moving around and kiting and whatnot, well, there are plenty of melee builds that would like to have a word with you.

16 hours ago, MrForz.1953 said:

Also, a Jade Mech in combat remains predictable, during the time it runs off to Narnia you're either out of combat or likely not anything that useful anyways.

I really have to ask, do people that keep saying this even play mech?
Mech will do

Random

Stuff

In combat

All the time

You could be doing the DPS rotation on a literal golem, and the mech will suddenly decide it don't like where they're standing, and then move to the other side of the boss. If you rely on them for boons, and the boss is larger than an asura, they're out of your range now. If you want the mech to do DPS, their stats are kitten now.

Busywork nerfs are a kitten and a plague, and are to be avoided.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

I'm stuck in mech jail clearing most of raid and strike CMs every week.

4 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Mech will do

Random

Stuff

In combat

All the time

You could be doing the DPS rotation on a literal golem, and the mech will suddenly decide it don't like where they're standing, and then move to the other side of the boss. If you rely on them for boons, and the boss is larger than an asura, they're out of your range now. If you want the mech to do DPS, their stats are kitten now.

🙄 The only time that may happen is when skills are on autocast while fighting multiple targets with the punch/bladebot. On a single target the only issue is that the mech may approach a boss from an unfavorable angle so a proactive use of Shift Signet is necessary to reposition it on stack.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2023 at 6:07 PM, The Boz.2038 said:

Mech will do

Random

Stuff

In combat

All the time

Nice post.

• Like 1