Copying and pasting Equipment Templates does not maintain dyes

I mean...come on. There's no way this was intended functionality. Why would I copy over the entire look of one template to another but not want the dyes copied over as well?

ETA: This is an issue specifically with Legendary Armor in the Legendary Armory. If you dye a piece of non-Legendary gear, that piece stays dyed even if you unequip it.

Edited by Nihlus.9724
Clarification
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

• 4 months later...
On 12/19/2022 at 8:27 AM, Nihlus.9724 said:

I mean...come on. There's no way this was intended functionality. Why would I copy over the entire look of one template to another but not want the dyes copied over as well?

I second this sentiment.

It's annoying to have to re-apply the dyes manually whenever you copy a loadout to another tab. (Good thing I have two monitors, with one displaying a screenshot of the armor set showing the dyes used.)

It's bad enough that we cannot move tabs around to change their order. It's also annoying that names in the Build loadouts are not copied over, either, and must be manually renamed.

All those minor annoyances build up for quite some frustration... so I get the OP's need to complain about this lack of QoL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

I've had this issue as well, but it can be worked around. Try to clear the target template tab first and then copy again from your selected source.

I've sometimes had success with this, but it's seemed really inconsistent and I haven't figured out the conditions for when it works and when it doesn't work.

On 4/24/2023 at 11:14 PM, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

I've had this issue as well, but it can be worked around. Try to clear the target template tab first and then copy again from your selected source.

I managed to figure out how to do this consistently.

1. Clear the template you're going to copy to.
  2. Navigate to the template you're going to copy from and then Copy it
  3. Navigate to the template you're going to paste to, and then Paste it.

There are other ways to do it, but this is the simplest. Something about navigating to one equipment template has the game remember the dyes and as long as there's no gear in the new template spot when you navigate to it, it won't forget them. It was like a  minute of fixing my gear every time I did this, so this is going to save a lot of annoyance.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/27/2023 at 7:30 AM, Nihlus.9724 said:

I managed to figure out how to do this consistently.

1. Clear the template you're going to copy to.
  2. Navigate to the template you're going to copy from and then Copy it
  3. Navigate to the template you're going to paste to, and then Paste it.

There are other ways to do it, but this is the simplest. Something about navigating to one equipment template has the game remember the dyes and as long as there's no gear in the new template spot when you navigate to it, it won't forget them. It was like a  minute of fixing my gear every time I did this, so this is going to save a lot of annoyance.

I unequipped all the gears from the tab I wanted to paste to and went through these steps but it didn't work. The reddit post below suggests visiting the dye tab first, but it didn't do anything either.

I can't believe they haven't fixed this after 1.5 years. It's very frustrating. This is the reason I gave up dressing up most of my characters.

ArenaNet, please fix this