We need 2 EBs and 0 Desert maps

Riba.3271

4 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

Just for normal people who are too lazy to check numbers. EU matchups taken from WvW intel (Tuesday 2 PM GMT 3rd Jan 2023):

Map | Total Deaths in a tier. Arranged Tier 5 to 1 | Total Deaths in all tiers

Desert | 6520,   4997,   6949,  5446,  6327     |  Total: 30 239

Bl alp   | 6193,   8275, 10921, 14852, 11918   |  Total: 52 159

Gr alp | 6938,   5596, 11630, 16320, 16502    |  Total: 56 986

EB         | 12007, 22886, 25046, 26057, 32663 | Total:  118 659 deaths

There are 2 things these numbers don't show: EB is very popular thus its deaths are pulled down by queues and single alpine maps total deaths are being pulled down by there being 2 of them.

So the numbers show that Desert isn't very popular and there is actual reason behind having it removed to free up extra map slots for rest of people while fairening up the scoring. Also adding 2nd EB, would definitely easen up the queues and give people what the want.

Riba, so does the site you are using require registered users? If so did it ask for an API code? If so it using only information from registered users. If that's the case do we know the number of registered users versus actual users? 

I have seen enough of what I believe to be EU users say DBL doesn't have that much activity, but what I have seen from the NA is that quite often we get queues on DBL while there are not any on the ABLs. I can understand your thought of having balanced maps for home, but as we have discussed I don't think we should have home borderlands anymore. I think we would not have lost as many players over time due to stale maps if each battlefield would have been 3 way balanced and been different since people could develop differing tactics to each map. Some of the biggest outcrys from people on DBL was that they couldn't use the same tactics they were used and had to come up with new ones. For some of the people that flocked to EoTM it was because we needed to develop new ways to come at a target. For some of us that like DBL its still the same, we are still finding new ways years on. I admit as a player that likes to protect home, when its ABL some times its a do I defend home when under attack, keep attacking elsewhere or just game hop for the night. Never a good spot to be in.

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Riba, so does the site you are using require registered users? If so did it ask for an API code? If so it using only information from registered users. If that's the case do we know the number of registered users versus actual users? 

It has nothing to do with registered users. The API has the numbers the game itself reports in WvW (you can even check it in the WvW tab too).

On another note, there's been 1,011 million kills+deaths in WvW since friday reset. Easiest way to check total stats is wvwstats.com (terrible/broken history section, but live data seem to work fine)

Edited by Dawdler.8521

2 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

It would be one thing if there were hundreds of different posters starting threads about their dislike of Desert BL, but in reality it's just hundreds of threads all started by YOU.

Tbf, almost all playerbase have given up on devs and playerbase since almost threads in past years have been some meme maguuma material with no actual suggestions. If playerbase was suggesting any improvements/flaws at all, I would just chill at back and play the game.

I mean why wouldn't they, since playerbase repeats on loop "devs have no resources, they should work on rewards" and "this (insert unfair unfun combat advantage here like dragon banner, permastealth or claim buff) is fine, just l2p", like it would take more than 5 minutes to boost some drop rates or reduce numbers.

Edited by Riba.3271

1 hour ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I have seen enough of what I believe to be EU users say DBL doesn't have that much activity, but what I have seen from the NA is that quite often we get queues on DBL while there are not any on the ABLs.

There are some NA tiers that play desert map yes, it is still quite a bit less popular than alpine over there. Not half as popular, but maybe 30% less.

It is also hard to compare relative differences of 2 regions with different activities since part of the Desert map death numbers will always be "this is the minimum amount we have to play the map even if it is bad so we don't give enemy free matchup".

Desert seems popular cause of ppting honestly, I see ppt guilds go there to hide and sneak stuff all the time.

Sometimes a fight guild will go there to pull fights if they're not getting much from the other maps, or getting blobbed down.

And on reset if you're carrying a 50 squad/allied small guilds it's probably the easiest map to get into at the start.

🤷‍♂️