First time trying scrapper on pve, and it feels unfun at best?

Peter.3901

4 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Are you using berserker or marauder stat gear?
It's a power DPS spec, the power damage translates directly into the survivability. Try using hammer and grenade kit with shredder gyro and Kinetic Accelerators for solo usage.

I'm trying full berserker, but it's strange, every engineer elite seems to be versatile except this one.

49 minutes ago, Peter.3901 said:

I'm trying full berserker, but it's strange, every engineer elite seems to be versatile except this one.

Scrapper is more versatile than holosmith. Holo can only do power dps or condi dps (so 2 roles in total), and scrapper can be power dps, power quick and quick heal (3 roles in total). So scrapper is definitely more versatile than at least one of the other elites. In terms of survivability I'm pretty sure that scrapper would still pull ahead too. And I'm not just talking about the shield from damage done. You have 2 ways to generate water fields from just slotting the heal gyro (the gyro itself + the corresponding F1 skill), and you can use blast/leap finishers 3-4 times on it with a typical DPS build, basically doubling the healing from the heal gyro.

1 hour ago, Peter.3901 said:

When i saw the elite first time i though about some drone oriented character, but after all is just another "press key to AoE skill", am i missing something?

No, that just about sums up scrapper. With it you do get ranged ress and 2nd best stealth in the game though, and both of them are fun.

• Like 1

What you most likely saw was the very first iteration of scrapper featuring indeed mini drone flying around you.

But that concept ended up not working exactly well. Feeling wise yeah sure it is fun having drone flying around you but performance wise, the drone pathing was garbage, just like all pets in GW2, the damage was underwhelming, especially shredder gyro which for some reason did not inherited your stat and so on.

• Thanks 1

From an OW perpective i find the scrapper to be the most durable of the engi spec, holo Is close, but most important i find It to be the most enjoyable. You have good dps, nice mobility and good support group wise with some investment il conc Gear. The Hammer feels great especialy on charr imo and the Wells following you around are a plus. In OW i prefer tools over firearms to do almost everything on solo, quite smootly. There are Better options for Power quickness in the end content but scrapper, if played Fair, Is never a bad choice.

On 12/23/2022 at 12:52 PM, Peter.3901 said:

When i saw the elite first time i though about some drone oriented character, but after all is just another "press key to AoE skill", am i missing something?

And its survivability is the worst so far...

"And its survivability is the worst so far..." -> did you every play holo, jajajaja.

The fun part of scrapper is superspeed and function gryo,  you need party to get value and fun.