Thanks for the awesome story and return of LWS1!

I just wanted to thank the dev team (past and present) for everything that makes Guild Wars 2 what it is! It is such a spectacular game all around.

I'm an original beta player, but due to real life concerns ended up missing the original LWS1 launch. Because of this, I was never really grabbed by the story and basically just leveled every class to 80 a few times and roamed open world content. Since the LWS1 was re-launched, I've done all of Return To, Aurora, Vision (except gift of money), The Ascension, and 2 legendary PVP armors. Even with the bugs throughout the story, and the toxicity in PVP, this really is a spectacular game! Thanks so much ArenaNet, you really should be proud of this game!

As a side note, the story steps "Visions of the Past: Steel and Fire" and "Champions" in Icebrood Saga dump you into the EoD story on completion. It was super confusing to have Taimi introduce EoD in the middle of the Icebrood Saga, and for her to introduce EoD again when I was trying to finish the "End Conjecture" step of Seasons of Dragons.

Edited by Atraleos.5849
Spacing. Why isn't there a preview button?
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I played LS1 when it first came out, but I'm glad they bought it back. I was able to do at least a bit of each release, but it was often very rushed and I could only do it on one character, I'd also forgotten a lot. For example I knew the Aetherblade hideout was a lot longer than the Fractal version but I'd forgotten that the section with the bridges over the ocean, which in the Fractal is just empty space, were part of the dungeon. I didn't remember that the Molten Facility was also longer than the Fractal version.

Replaying the Molten Facility also brought back some good memories. That was actually my first dungeon, and when I told my guild that they told me off for not playing the others and insisted on taking me through Arah path 2, apparently because if I could do that one I could do any of the others so after that I'd have no excuse not to play the rest of them. The same people also came to help when I finally got to the Zhaitan fight, which at the time was a 5-man dungeon.

Now I'm looking forward to finally having an actually complete story on at least some of my characters. Because I don't want to do the same thing over and over in quick succession it's going to take a long time before they're all caught up, but at least some will have done it all and some of the newer ones even get to do it in order!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Atraleos.5849 said:

As a side note, the story steps "Visions of the Past: Steel and Fire" and "Champions" in Icebrood Saga dump you into the EoD story on completion. It was super confusing to have Taimi introduce EoD in the middle of the Icebrood Saga, and for her to introduce EoD again when I was trying to finish the "End Conjecture" step of Seasons of Dragons.

Yeah, this needs to be fixed. I just had this happen at the end of Champions, and it's already profoundly weird to have Aurene ask me to come meet her, while standing in front of her.

If it's happening after "Visions of the Past: Steel and Fire" that's even worse, straight up spoils the rest of IBS, right?

Did you make a bug report on this?

• Like 1